chapter twenty-one

Callidora's POV
I waited for Clemente patiently for him to come but then it strikes me. He was angry at me. I am ready to forgive him if he tells me the truth

I sighed pulling my black canvas on and adjusting my hoody that covered my whole face so that no one will know it's me.

I opened my door slowly making sure reporters or students were not crowded outside my house wanting to know about mystery man.

But it was normal, every where was silent.

I walked out and ran to school. Why?. Because I didn't want to be stopped by a random person and ask about last night.

But nothing. People who I encountered just glared at me for dressing so awkwardly but some nice one smiled at me.

What was going on? I expected people to rush at me and ask me about last night like in the movies. Reporters crowding around me.

When I got to school, everything was normal. Everyone just gave me occasional waves and smiles. No one asked me any questions which I was glad for but still it wasn't right.

"Hey" I heard some one call behind me. It was Eva.

"Oh hey" I greeted turning to look at her.

Her hair was rolled in curls and she had a high waisted jeans and denim jackets on.

"What's wrong, you look pretty bummed. And you have been standing in that position for like forever, did you lost something" she asked looking around me.

"Eva" I called holding her hand.

"About last night, what happened between Clemente and I...the messages this morning and posts from yesterday. Can't you remember" I asked looking at her as she twisted her face looking at me weirdly.

"Cally, are you alright. Do you have a fever?" She asked touching my forehead and looking concerned.

"Don't you remember?" I asked again dropping her hand from my face.

"Nothing happened, after the truth or dare game, we all went into the car and drove off."

"What about when I fell? And Clemente caught me. Can you not remember" I asked raising my voice at her but she just shook her head.

"Ok... I'll show you the messages and video. Maybe then you will remember" I said taking my phone and checking YouTube for the videos but nothing. The site was empty and the video was not there.  I checked the group chat for messages but nothing too.

"See, nothing happened. Maybe you have a fever so you are imagining things." She said calmly.

I bolted away running towards the toilet. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. I am not crazy they are. I remember clearly. I wasn't drunk so I know I'm not imagining things.

What is going on?

*****

Clemente's POV
I regretted. I regretted clearing all their memory. Callidora must be so angry. I had no choice, she couldn't find out.

I wanted her to like me without her knowing I am a vampire.

"Nice try" I heard a voice beside me say.  It was Adrian.

"What do you want?" I asked getting angry.

"You are really brave don't you think" he  asked.

"You wiped all posts and memories" he said resting his elbow on my shoulder. "And its not very nice, you are being a coward to yourself and Cally" he said again.

"Leave me alone" I shouted throwing his hands away.

Just then callidora and Eva came in. Callidora's eyes were red and puffy as Eva led her to the back of the class.

"See what I told you, she's doubting herself" Adrian said turning to look at callidora.

"So what I'm I supposed to do. Hey Cally I'm a vampire. Is that it" I said groaning bit he only nodded.

"But do it with style, you are making the poor girl go crazy and if she finds out on her own, she won't easily forgive you" Adrian said confidently.

Was he right?

Should I tell her?

Or not.

"Anyway, I'm out of here, I'm not really a fan of literature" he said standing up and dipping his hands in his pocket.

"Thank you" I mumbled.

"Friends?" He asked shooting out his hands. I took it and gave him a small smile before he left.

"Hey" Eva called beside me

"Hey" I replied. "What's wrong with Cally?" I asked glancing at callidora who looked like she will bust into tears at any moment.

"Oh...she kept talking of how you saved her and nobody can remember. I think she has a fever" she said.

"Oh" was all I could say before the man came in telling us to practice our lines before the show.

"You all will make decorations for the hall to be used few days before the show. Do you understand" he said.

******

After all our classes, we all went to the cafeteria to eat. Occasionally, I feel Cally's eyes on me.

I collected some vegetables and a bottle of water and walked to a table while the rest joined me. Callidora sat beside me while Adrian and Miranda sat opposite us. Eva settled beside them when she joined us.

"You all....do you really not remember what happened last night. You all saw it didn't you" callidora started her eyes brimming with tears.

Adrian and Miranda looked at their selves knowingly before Miranda spoke up.

"You must be imagining things. I heard that the drinks at the party were spiked with some sort of hallucinogens so don't worry, it will go away in no time" she finished.

"It seems so real and I didn't take any drinks at the party except yoghurt" callidora said again not convinced.

"You may never know" Miranda said and callidora nodded.

*****

After we all finished eating, I told the rest to leave without callidora and I .

"Are you alright?" I asked her. She only nodded.

"You don't remember too do you?" She asked looking up at me. Her lashes were sticking together because of the tears and she looked pale and sick.

My heart broke.

"You heard what Miranda said. It was probably...."

"Its a lie...you know its a lie" she stopped and shifted closer looking deeply inside my eyes. " you are lying " she said again.

I looked away because I didn't want her to see the lie in my eyes.

"You will be alright" I tell her.

"Don't lie to me...tell me the truth, I won't get angry. I won't leave you. I know what I saw" she pleaded tears  tricking down her face.

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you" I thought in my heart.

I wiped away her tears as she kept on looking at me not breaking the gaze.

"You should go home now" I said.

She nodded and walked out on me.

"What have I done?"

Hello lovely people

Pretty short update I know but don't worry I'll update more.

           Question
If you have any couple name for Clemente and callidora, don't forget to comment, it really makes me happy.

Don't forget to comment, share and vote. Love ya