chapter twenty-seven

Adrian's POV
"you are actually good at dancing" Miranda laughs tightening her hand around me. 

I don't even know how we got this close, we're just vampire friends before but now we were more than that. I guess. 

Sometimes I still wonder if I'm the right one for her. I'm just a bloodthirsty vampire that kills people in the alley.

I tighten my hand around her more when the memory of her came to me.  I almost killed her.

"are you ok" Miranda asks pulling away and examining my face.

I could still make out her sparkly eyes despite the dragon mask she had on.  I shook my head and smiled at her.

"guys!! Guys!. Have you seen Cally anywhere " Clemente shouts running towards us.  His face mask had been removed.

"um...no" I reply quickly pulling my mask off and Miranda doing the same.

"isn't she with eva" Miranda asks

Clemente shakes his head and Eva comes running towards us.

"she's not here, I already asked everyone to look around but they couldn't find her.  Her phone is also switched off" Eva rambles with her lower lip trembling.

"could she be at home " I voice out.

Eva shakes her head and opens her purse to reveal a set of keys. "she left it with me so we could go back home together "

"We have to look for her" Miranda says biting her lips.

We walk outside to get away from the booming music.

I looked over at clemente who had his hands in a fist. He looked around nervously hoping he would find her.  I pitied him he really liked her.

"oh.. What is this" Eva cries calling our attention to some drop of blood on the floor.  On it lay a phone.

"it's callys phone,  that's why she wasn't picking up" Eva says shakily.  Drops of tears were already trailing down her face making her mascara trail down too".

"she was kidnapped " Clemente and I said in unison. It was too obvious, the kidnapper hurt her and also left a clue behind.

"I have to find her, she must be fine. Right" Clemente says clutching his trousers.  Miranda was patting Eva with her eyes brimming with tears too.

"we have to call the police" Eva says again.  That would also make things complicated. The police didn't know their jobs well.

"He isn't human " Clemente says suddenly squatting down on the floor.  he  looks over at Miranda and I and I immediately knew what he meant. He was a vampire!! 

"of course he isn't human. How could he kidnap such a sweet girl like cally" Eva cries again not aware of the true meaning.

"for now, let's go home and figure out how to get her out.

"I can't leave her there for one night, don't you understand " Clemente shouts narrowing his eyes at me.

"it's for the best" Miranda and I said at the same time.

"she must be really scared, it's already 3:00am". Eva says wiping her tears and standing up.

*******

  Eva's POV
I switched the light on as made my way into the house.  Bruno ran towards me and I carried him in my hands patting his fluffy skin. I got him when I was thirteen. 

My parents and siblings went to a five star restaurant to have dinner.

I went to my room and threw myself on the bed. Today was a very long day. On top of it,  my best friend was kidnapped.