chapter thirty

Callidoras POV
San Francisco is still the same. Bright, fresh and exciting.

This is where I needed to be.  To stay for some time to clear my head.  To stay away from my liar friends and to quietly mourn my best friend.

I stood staring at the two storey building before me.  The paintings on the wall had come off making the house look tattered and old.  Some hangers upstairs held clothes for babies and adults.

I waited patiently for uncle Thomas to come outside.  I already made a call to tell him to get me and he gladly agreed.

The main door flung open and uncle Thomas came outside.  He looked older now maybe because of his grey hair and brownish teeth.  He was huge with a bulging Tommy.  Never the less,  he was my beloved uncle Thomas.

"oh callidora, come inside " he cried hugging me.  He smelt of fried chicken.

He led me inside the building then to an apartment. The apartment is pretty decent except for some broken plates which lay in the corner of the room.

"oh my, you don't look too well. Are you alright? " he asked concerned his dull brown boring into mine.

I nodded and smiled at him.  He brought me some food to eat and I ate it hurriedly stuffing it down my throat.

"it's your house too you know,  feel free" he smiled sitting beside me.

"uncle have you ever been lied to by your friends " I asked suddenly startling him.

"your aunt Maria did, she was dying from cancer but she never told me until she slumped one day and I found out from the doctor myself" he said his voice shaking with tears.

"did you forgive her" I asked tears brimming my eyes.

"honey did someone hurt you? " he asked cupping my face and patting my blond hair.

"yes uncle they did" I cried tears falling down my face.  He hugged me and I cried harder.  Something in my heart tells me to forgive them and go back to Clemente but I just can't.

"forgive them,  they are your friends so they would never hurt you.  Always be smiling and never hold any grudges " he finished giving me a toothy grin.

I looked at him for long before I hugged him again.

I will forgive them but not now.

*******

Adrian's POV
"he'll be fine" I assured Miranda who was pacing back and forth in the living room.

"what if he transforms in front of everyone,  they'll kill him " she whimpers.

"it's OK" I say and hug her tightly.  She wraps her hands around my neck.  She pulls away and looks at me. 

My heart stopped

It was like I stopped breathing seeing her face so close to mine.  Her eyes were Misty with tears.  Her lips, they looked softer and pinker than ever.  I didn't know why but I leaned in gently pulling her waist towards me.

I cupped her small face with my other hand and gently kissed her.  She didn't resist she just stood still holding my shirt.

She pulled away suddenly looking away from me.  Her face was flushed.

"I'm sorry, I've never done this before " she says.

"shh, it's OK," i say patting her head.

"I love you " I say suddenly and she looks up to look at me.