[9]

Warning, this chapter contains talk about self-harm. If you are not comfortable about reading about it then please do not read this chapter <3

Quote of the chapter: "It reminds me of where I've come from. Of what I survived..."

Harry's POV

"Why would we kill ourselves?" I said, shocked in what she said.

"Why would we want to stay here if we get caught? They would either kill us slowly or torcher us until we die."

"I guess you somewhat have a point." I said

"I know it's horrible, but what else would we do?"

"I don't know, but what I do know is that whatever happens, I'll be right there with you all along the way."

"I love you." she said.

I walked over to her and hugged her and kissed her chapped lips, "I love you too, I really do." She smiled and we stood and hugged until we got taken to dinner.

*two hours later*

We were just getting taken back from dinner of the normal cold soup when Sapphire complained about her sides hurting from when the guards had to pick her up and carry her to our room.

"Shut up you're worthless." one of the guards said to her.

"Why don't you shut up you worthless prick." I said. Everyone paused and he threw Sapphire to the ground. He ran over to me knocking me on the ground and we got in a full on fist fight throwing curse words at each other until people finally got us away from each other. The owner of the place came over and punched the guard in the jaw and fired him. The fired guard got taken away and Sapphire and I got taken to our room.

"What the hell was that Harry?!"

"I was standing up for you what else was I going to do?!"

"You have to let what they say go, it doesn't matter what they say about us, we just have to get over it."

"Whatever, but i only did that because i love you."

"I love you too, but I'm strong enough to handle it. Thanks though."

"It's never gonna be a problem babe." I said. I walked over and kissed her on the cheek.

"Can we just go to bed?" She asked.

"Sure." I said. She smiled and laid down next to me. I kissed her cheek and I heard her fall asleep.

*12:53 am*

I woke up in the middle of the night and Sapphire wasn't next to me. She was over on her bed.

"Hey, you okay?" i asked. She didn't answer. I went over and looked at her body. Her shirt was lifted up and her sides were shown.

"Cuts?" Shocked in what i just saw i looked behind her and her scissors had fresh blood on them. And so did her cuts.

"Sapphire!" I screamed.

"AHHHH!" she woke up panicked as usual. Even when I don't wake her up she wakes up in a sweat and is full of anxiety. "What do you want Harry?!"

"What are those?" I asked her pointing to her side.

"Wh-why do you want to know?"

"Because I care about you. Why did you do it?"

"I cant control it."

"Yes you can, just tell yourself no."

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!"

"Yes I do." I said and pulled up my shirt sleeve. "See, I know what it's like, and I still get the urge, but I'm trying my best, and you need to also."

"I am trying, it's just I can't bring myself to stop, it's my only escape. It's the only way for me to release my pain."

"Sapphire Jones, do you love yourself."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Just answer me."

"No, I don't! Okay! Are you happy!?"

"Calm down it's okay." I said. I hugged her and she cried on my shoulder.

"I'm a monster, I'm a fucking monster."

"No your not." I was on the verge of tears myself hearing her talk about herself like this.

"My cuts remind me of what I survived and that I need to keep fighting. They remind me that I will have the happy ending to my life that I want to have."

"Please help me." she said.

"I will hunny. I won't leave you ever. I couldn't live with myself if I let you go." We let go of each other and we sat next to each other on the floor holding hands.

"I never thought my life would turn out to be this way." she whispered.

"Don't worry, we will win this fight. It might take a while, but we will get out and we will survive and be free."

"I don't want to be remember as the girl who lost to fighting the demons that are trying to kill her."

"And you won't be, I'll help you get through it, I promise."

"You make a lot of promises Harry."

"And?"

"You better keep them." she said and looked over to me.

"I will." I said. I stared at the wall and Sapphire yawned and rested her head on my shoulder.

"You tired?" I asked.

"A little."

"How about you go to bed and get some rest."

"Okay, as long as you get some sleep to."

"Alright, goodnight hun." I whispered in her ear.

"Goodnight, I love you."

"I love you too."

Narrators POV

That night as Sapphire was trying to go to bed, she wondered.... Does he really love me? Why would he love me, I'm so messed up. Even though she said not to listen to what the guards say to them she couldn't help but wonder if she really was worthless and did she really have nothing worth living for. Harry could not sleep either that night. He kept looking at Sapphire to see if she was hurting herself or if she was doing anything harmful. He really does love her and care about her. He just wished that she would see that. Harry made it his mission that she would know how much he loved her and how much he wants to keep her safe. And together they were going to escape Amber Lytes Asylum, and be free, forever.

Well hello:) Thank you for reading this chapter of The Asylum. I really hope you like it and they song I used is by Arctic Monkeys! Its called Knee Socks. And my friend CraicLifeDirectioner got me hooked on them. Anyway thank you for reading and I hope you have a great rest of your day

                               Until Next Time

                               ~BrookeWuzHere