[15]

-Harry-

We woke up that afternoon to banging on the door. Sapphire and I quickly got dressed seconds before they opened the door. Not even saying a word they tied us up in ropes and dragged us to lunch. We went up and got our food then sat right back down. Sapphire, who has been eating in our room for the past week, is finally eating in the cafeteria. One of the guards walked over to us.

“Sapphire, you need to shower.” This time, the nurse was a girl, and she looked about early thirties. Sapphire just nodded and continued to eat her food. Once we were finished the nurse took us to the bathroom. She had to tie the ropes around us, but for once they were not tight. She untied our hands once we got to the bathroom. We walked in and I turned on the shower and helped Sapphire, who was still very week, get undressed. I washed her hair and body, I even helped her wash her face. Then I cleaned myself up and rung out her hair then dried us both off. She brushed her teeth and I did the same, then she had the energy to brush her hair. We got dressed and put on our shoes then opened the door where insted of Jen, there were two huge guards standing there.

"Why did you both leave?!" The bald one screamed at us.

"A nurse led us here." I said.

"There are no nurses who work here." The other guard said.

"But she is there!" Sapphire spoke up. The bald guard scoffed and dragged us out of the bathroom and tied our wrists with rope making sure that they were as tight as they could be, then they led us back to our room. Walking through the hallways Sapphire spoke up.

"There she is!" She screamed. I looked where she was pointing and there was a woman standing there, but just as the guards turned their heads, the lady vanished. They both erupted in laughter and continued dragging us along towards our room. I kept seeing the figure of the nurse down every hallway, but then when Sapphire and I tried to point her out, they just laughed and tightened the ropes around our wrists even tighter. It seemed like an eternity to get to our room, but I know it only took about ten minutes. They have elevators, but they love to torcher us by making us walk all the way to our rooms with thinning and snagging ropes tying our hands together. We finally got to our room and when they opened the door, Sapphire and I both saw the nurse standing in the corner of our room.

“She’s right there!” I yelled. The guards rolled their black, soulless eyes and shut the door right in our faces.

“Whoever you are, please just come out of hiding and show yourself. We want to know who you are and what you want with us, please.” Sapphire exclaimed with sorrow and agony in her voice. I walked towards were we saw the ghost and then I looked up at the window. I thought it was just a person outside, but then I figured out it was a reflection of the ghost. I slowly turned around and she was standing near the door and Sapphire looked towards the woman in udder shock of what she was seeing.

“Hello.” Said the ghost.

“Hi.” I said back, walking closer towards the figure. All Sapphire gave was a little wave.

“I want to thank the both of you,” the ghost told us.

“For what?” I asked.

“I wanted to thank you both for trying your best to save my little girl. You did all that you could, but now we are both safe up here, together.”

“You’re Rye’s mother?” Sapphire asked stunned of the facts we have just been told.

“That is correct, and I want you both to know that she is very thankful and happy that she got the privilege of meeting you two. Rye has told me everything about you both and how you tried your best to save her from the bullet. I know how hard it is in this situation, but trust my words darlings, you will be free.” Rye’s mother said. The encouraging words struck Sapphire in a way I n ever thought would happen. She smiled and thanked Rye’s mother and I thanked her also.

“I have another surprise for you.” The ghost told us, “Rye, you may come out now.” Rye came in through the window going right through it. Standing on the top of Sapphires bed, she smiled and waved at us.

“Hi.” Sapphire said weekly. She shed a tear and walked over to Rye. They both talked for a while and Rye’s mother and I watched in amazement. Sapphire held the teddy bear, Pip, and hugged it tight. Rye bent down and whispered something in the bear’s woolen ear. She got back up.

“Whenever you need some comfort, some of my good spirit will be there to guide you and keep you safe.”

“Thank you.” Sapphire responded. Just then a light came shining through the window and Rye looked at her mother with a sad look.

“It is time to go.” Her mother stated. Rye nodded and they started to walked towards the light.

“When will I see you again?!” Sapphire yelled.

“Soon, I promise!” Rye screamed back. Once they left Sapphire came over and gave me a hug. I kissed her forehead and held her in my arms.

“We needed that.” I said. She smiled in the crook of my neck and kissed it softly.

~A/N~

Heyyyy everyone!!! So I am writing this during school #rebel. And I just wanted to say thank you so much for just being there and staying with me on this book, I really appreciate all of you who read this book and I hope you love it just as much as I do! I love you all!!! BYEEE~ Brooke