Chapter 16

"Hello sweetheart." a familiar voice said.

"Elena?" I asked.

"Nope." He said and my eyes popped open, of course Damon, Damon is a vampire, vampires kill people, Vampire.

"VAMPIRE!!!!" I screamed and ran up from the bed, There it was the door, I was closer to it but Damon was faster.

"Ronnie, we need to talk."

"Don't call me that."

"Okay.... Veronica, can we talk?"

"Don't call me that either! We shouldn't even be on speaking terms, your a MONSTER! You'll kill me!" I screamed.

"Miss Gilbert, can we have a conversation?" He asked mockingly.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!" I Screamed opening to the door and running into Stefan. "AHHH!"

"Ronnie!" He shouted after me. I ran out of the house and down the street.

"They're real." I whispered to myself before running into the Grille and bumping into Matt.

"Hey Ron... can we uh..."

"Why does everyone have to tell me something these days!" I shouted in frustration, Matt laughed and I remembered. "Um, yeah sure let's talk."

"Great." He said as he led me to a table.

"You on break?"

"Yeah." He said an we both laughed, awkwardly."So... about the other night.... I-"

"Don't apologize, we were both drunk, drunk people can do things that they most likely wouldn't do sober."

"Wh-"

"I mean we were both drunk right? Right. So why do we have to act weird about it?"

"I-"

"I hope this won't make things awkward between us but I really think that it's better if we're friends Matt."

"Ron-"

"Please say something.... I feel awful that I put you through a double Gilbert girl heartbreak scenario but please, say something..."

"I just-"

"You know what, let's not get further into it.... I thi-"

"I think I'm in love with you Veronica Gilbert." He spilled out, I froze at his words.

"You... What?" I asked a little happy a little unsure of what I just heard.

"I said I think I'm in love with you." He repeated, I noticed I was smiling, I cut it off.

"Oh... wow.... you stunned me, when did uh??" I managed to ask.

"I just realized that five months ago." He said. I unconsciously smiled at him.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Wow."

"Yeah." He said, we sat silent for a couple of minutes before I noticed Damon and Stefan at the door. Damon looked pissed and Stefan was holding him back.

"Matt, I'll get back to you tomorrow, and uh.... see you later." I said looking at Stefan and Damon leave the Grille. Matt stared at me confused. I hugged him and whispered in his ear. "I will see you tomorrow, okay?" he only nodded an let me go outside. Once I did I couldn't see Stefan or Damon so I drove to Bonnie's house and she let me in.

"Hey what's up Ronnie?" She asked, I spun around to look at her.

"How long have you known about Stefan and Damon?" I asked.

"A week or so, you found out huh?"

"No duh! So when you kept telling Care and E about you being a Witch you weren't lying huh?"

"Nope." She popped the "p" honestly.

"Okay, how did you adjust?"

"Your seriously going to try and adjust?"

"Well I'll try my best."

"I don't think you should, unless you love Damon that much."

"I don't love Damon but Elena sure lives Stefan so I'll have to adjust."

"Okay, well first of all Stefan drinks from animals."

"Okay...go on."

"Damon, feeds on humans, he's stronger than Stefan by doing this."

"Got it."

"They can compel you, make you do anything under their will. They aren't aloud near vervain, it weakens them. Remember Elena's necklace she got from Stefan?"

"Yeah?"

"That has vervain in it, this stops Vampires from being able to compel. Vampires have increased emotions, they have super speed, strength, and hearing."

"Can I get something with vervain in it?" I asked her.

"Yes you can." Her Grams popped out holding a beautiful diamond necklace.

"Wow." I said.

"This is a vervain laced necklace, never take it off, and never invite a vampire in." She warned.

"Elena has already invited both in." Bonnie said.

"Then stay here until you know you can trust them." Grams said, I nodded.

"Thanks."

"It's no problem, Bonnie, no vampires allowed." She warned before walking upstairs.

💞?💔!💕?💔!💕?💔!💕?💔!💕?💔!💕?💔!💕?💔!💕?💔!💕?💔!

......... Sorry?......