Chapter 21

Last night was still ringing through my head.

We had just walked through the door when Jenna started giving us a lecture on keeping secrets, and We snapped.

"If your so big on being honest than how come you never to us we were adopted!" I yelled at her.

"Guys..." She began but Elena just stomped upstairs.

"They asked me not to!" She yelled after her. She turned to me. "Ronnie..."

"Save it." I snapped as I ripped open the door and ran to my car. I honestly didn't know where I was going until, I parked my car at the Boarding House, I subconsciously drove here. Which means I wanted to be here. I steppe out of the car and walked up to the door and knocked.

"Ronnie?" Stefan asked as he answered the door.

"Is Damon here?" I asked.

"Yeah, in the Lounge." He replied and open the door wider for me, I walked farther in and saw him relaxing on a sofa, sipping a glass of....bourbon, by the smell. He turned his head towards me and placed the glass down.

"Hey Damon." I waved.

"Hey Ron." He greeted. I looked behind me at Stefan.

"Can you let us talk alone?" I asked, he nodded then left. I turned back to Damon.

"So what do you need to talk about?"

"Would you still choose Katherine?" I asked, he looked up at me, shocked.

"Why do you want to know?" He asked.

"Because of what I said last night." I replied.

"About...?" He urged.

"When I called you my boyfriend." I said, He just stayed focused on me. "It felt right when I said it."

"No." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"No, I would not still choose Katherine over you." He said.

"Why?" I asked, completely unsure of the next answer.

"Because you are nothing like her, and that's a good thing, she was selfish, and evil, and deadly, you're fun, and selfless, and generous, and nice." He admitted.

"That's sweet of you to say so."

"Yeah, too bad we're not together." He mumbled, probably thinking I couldn't hear it.

"Um... can you walk me to my car?" I asked. He nodded and walked outside with me. We stopped at my car. "Thanks Damon."

"No problem, you know it's going to be really difficult to be your friend." He sighed.

"Then don't."

"Huh?"

"Then don't be my friend."

"What so you want me to ignore you, never talk to you anymore, Ron, you know if I do that, it'll kill me." He said.

"I know, but I never said to do that." I said.

"Then what do you mean?" He asked, then I kissed him. I had kissed him and ran into the car and drove home, leaving a shocked Damon standing in his parking lot.

I had kissed my ex-boyfriend. I had kissed Damon Salvatore. My alarm clock rang, great now to go to school.