Chapter 3

This entire situation I had going on was unbelievable. How is it that I have spent almost a month now trying to find another job over the summer and everywhere was either not hiring or already filled with employees. I couldn't find a single establishment that needed workers and was hiring. It was like every place already had student workers galore for the summer or something.

I was desperately in need of a job and I had been searching for weeks now and still nothing seemed available. Pretty soon July would be finished just like June did, summer will be over and my tuition fee was going to be due and I haven't seen the first dollar.

Most times I just felt so discouraged, like I should just give up and drop out of college. Dad tries his best to support me and pay for my schooling but there is just so much that he could do with his sheriff deputy salary. I had applied for student loan but was unsuccessful—something about me not being qualified at the moment whatever the hell that means. I hadn't bothered asking for an explanation as to why. I was just really disappointed and tired of not getting anywhere with my job hunt.

"Hey ma, I'm back." I greeted my mom as I walked into the living room.

"Hey honey, how did it go today? Any luck?" Mom asked me as she stopped her dusting.

"Nope, everywhere already has enough workers for the summer. The only thing I was told was to try again in August- that is not enough and besides, who is going to have the time next month when the semester is approaching?" I said to her.  "I still can't believe that it is so hard to find a job here.

"I guess all the youngsters around here have applied to most of the business places. " Mom responded.

"Yeah, but I've got to find something before the summer ends Ma." I said before heading upstairs.

"All you have to do is keep trying then." mom called out.

Morgan's mom (Emma)

Amy Adams as Emma

Amy Adams as Emma

****
"I have got some news for you babe." Kim said to me.