Chapter 28

Not edited

"Is it so bad that I find you extremely beautiful Miss Rosen?" Jared asked as I stood by my car trying to get out of the awkward situation.

Jared was a seventeen year old boy who was in one of junior English class. He was actually really friendly towards me from the very first day of my teaching practice but today was a whole different story. It's been a month since I've been at the Sandy Mount high school and recently found out that Jared had a crush on me. 

School had ended and I was headed for my car when Jared ran over to me. I was at a loss for words when he came and started to confess his feelings for me. I had the most awkward task of trying to let him down easy without breaking his young heart.

I couldn't help but wonder what it was about today that caused me to be getting so much confessions about feelings. First it was Mr.Franklin, one of the young math teacher at the school. I had to let him down easy some hours earlier and now Jared?

"That is sweet Jared, " I smiled at him sympathetically. "But that is really not appropriate okay. I'm your teacher."

"I know but you aren't my real teacher right. You being my English teacher right now is only temporary right? So I don't think that it would be such a big deal." Jared said to me.

Lord help me

"Jared, it doesn't matter if I am your real teacher or not. The fact still remain that I am your teacher, I'm a professional and after a few months, I may be back at this same school as a permanent teacher next semester." I said to him. "And you're seventeen Jared, you'll get over this little teenage crush."

"What if I can't ms. Rosen? What if I don't want to?" Jared asked. "It's really hard to pretend that I don't have feelings for you. Maybe... Maybe when you're finished with your teaching practice, we could have lunch together sometime?"

"Jared, stop. That wouldn't be appropriate and won't be happening." I said to him. "You need to..."

"Is it because I'm still a teenager? I can be pretty mature and responsible for my age and besides, I don't think you're all that older than me. Not that it would matter how old you are. I still think you're the smartest and most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life."

"Jared, I'm flattered by your compliments. Thank you but you need to forget about this idea of yours okay?" I told him gently. "I can tell that you are a sweet guy and no doubt about your level of maturity and responsibility but I am not the one for you alright. First of all, I am your teacher and that would be so unacceptable and inappropriate. I am not the one for you. You're still young, you're only seventeen and i'm much older than you and it's..."

"You're still young as well. I mean, you can't be like more than five or six years older than me. At least you don't look like you." Jared said determined. "And I'll be eighteen next year but isn't age just a number?"

Tell me about it.

"Look Jared, I think it's cute that you have a crush on me but believe me when I say that this isn't going to last very long. Before you know it, you're going to see some girl in your own age group that makes your heart pound twice as fast. Contrary to what you might think, I am not that girl. We are at two different places in our lives and I'm in a committed relationship with a man that I'm so in love with." I told him. "I never dreamt that I would have ever found someone that I'd want to spend the rest of my life with, but I did. One day you will too."

"That guy must be one lucky guy." Jared said to me.

"Yeah, he is." I smiled at him. "You're going to find that one special girl one day too. I just think you need to start looking in your own age group and you'll find her."