Chapter 21

"Hey, its freezing out here. We need to get you inside before you catch a cold" I heard Sean said behind me.

"It's okay I'm not cold" I said giving him a small smile before looking back at the water.

I was sitting out back near the pool area watching the lights reflecting in the water.

"Morgan we need to talk to talk" Sean said as he took off his jacket and wrapping it over my shoulder before sitting beside me "You've been like this since the incident with Aliyah...distant. It's like you've been isolating yourself from everyone..."

"What? No, that's not it. It's just that the air out here is really nice" I said to him.

"Morgan, try telling someone else that but I know I know you better than that" Sean said as he turned my chin so that I could face him "I know you're still upset about what Aliyah said the other night and I'm sorry..."

"Sean, would you stop apologising please. I'm not upset, what Aliyah said hurts a bit but I'm not upset" I told him "I understand how she feels, she misses her mom and you dating me, I guess she feels like I'm replacing her and I can understand how that must feel especially since I'm much younger..."

"Morgan, don't make excuses for Aliyah. What she did was way out of line and she's being punished for it" Sean told me.

"Sean, that's not going to help anything. You grounding her and taking away her phones and gadgets isn't going to change how she feels about me. That's probably only going to make her hate me even more. And that's not the only thing"

"What else is bothering you?" Sean asked.

"I don't know but I just get this feeling that your mom doesn't like me much"

"What are you talking about?" Sean asked me "Don't be silly, of course my mom likes you. She's happy that I finally have someone in my life again"

"She's happy that you're happy. And I'm not saying that she hates me or anything but I got this feeling that she doesn't particular like me for you" I said to him.

"Is this because because she insisted we stay in separate rooms while being here? Because that has nothing to do with you personally, my parents- especially my mom is a bit old fashioned and she doesn't believe in a man and woman sharing bed unless they're married. Even though she knows what goes on when she's not around, the day pig flies is the day she support or allow it in her house"

"Sean, that isn't why I said that. Its just the way she asks or says certain things that gave me this feeling" I told him as I pulled the jacket he had thrown over my shoulders closer to me. It was in fact getting a bit chilly out here.

"Morgan, you're just over thinking things right now all because of what Aliyah did. You don't need to worry about my family not liking you or feeling insecure because I love you so much and I know its near impossible for anyone to not like you. Tomorrow you'll be meeting the others and you'll see just how likeable you are" Sean said before kissing the side of my head then stand up holding out his hand to me "Come on, let's go inside. Out here is getting a little more than just chilly"

****

"Sean you seriously need to stop and get out before your parents come back and sees you in here. They're going to think that there was something else going on and I'm sure you're not the one they're going to be viewing in a negative light" I told him even though I couldn't help but giggle at his teasing and tickling.

"Trust me, they're not coming back for now" Sean chuckled "Once mom's gone to the grocery store, its a whole day thing. Especially with the girls there. So we have a lot of time and the house to ourselves"

"I have a perfectly good idea of what you're insinuating but no, its not gonna happen" I chuckled turning my head away from him when he tried to kiss me "Sean, you're mom assigned us to different rooms for a reason therefore I am not sleeping with you in your parent's house"

"Who said anything about sleeping? What I have in mind is far fetch from sleeping when you're looking this good" Sean said before stealing a kiss.

"Well can you pretend that I don't look good while being here. I don't want to give your parents another reason to not like me" I chuckled just before his phone started ringing.

"Hello Mrs. Grant" Sean answered the phone and let go off me finally allowing me the time to finished dressing.

I had showered not so long ago and started getting dress when Sean came into the room and become messing around with me. I was already in a shirt and underwear but no pants because he had playfully tugged the jeans from me when I was trying to put it on. As Sean talked on the phone I finished getting dressed and fixed my hair into a ponytail. Based on the discussion Sean was having and him greeting Mrs.Grant, I knew that he was on the phone with a patient. Mrs. Grant was his secretary/nurse so whenever a patient wants to get to him, they'd have to get to her first if they didn't have his cell number.

"Trouble back home?" I asked once he was finished with his call.

"Yeah, that was one of my patience. I had prescribed some pills for her but she is apparently having a mild allergic reaction to it and was wondering if there was anything else she could used instead of the one's I prescribed"

"Oh, that's sorted now then?"

"Yes, I suggested she try an over counter drug until I get back" Sean responded "Anyway, are you ready for lunch? I'm starving"

"Yeah, that makes two of us" I laugh as I took his arm and walked downstairs to the kitchen together.

Such a short chapter, I know but I'm swamped with assignments and I only got a few hours to myself and I decided to try and update. Hope you guys like it.