Chapter 16

"Yeah, we're getting Christmas break earlier this year as exams are finishing a week early and then we'll be free. I'm super excited." I told Sean as we were video chatting.

"Sounds like you've got lots of plans for the holiday season." Sean smiled at me through the phone screen.

"Well not really but I'm really ecstatic about getting a few weeks break from school and the stress. But that's not the only thing, I'll be able to see you more often now. Well that's if you don't have the usual busy days."

"I'm actually planning to take a couple days off as well. Illnesses doesn't take holidays so usually I don't either. I'd be working straight throughout the holidays but this year I'm definitely taking some days off." Sean said to me. "I work with myself and I'm my own boss so I don't have to worry about that but I know it's going to cause a bit of inconvenience to some of my patients."

"Yeah probrably but what you should do is put up a notice or something from now so they'll expect the office being closed for the couple of days you decide to take." I suggested to him.

"That's exactly what I planned to do tomorrow, " Sean responded. "I even had it printed already."

"Good. So, what do you have plan for the holiday?" I asked as I laid down on my bed staring at him through the screen.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about that. You see, I'm planning on going up to Beverly hills for a few days- that's where most of my family lives." Sean told me. "I was wondering how do you feel about coming with me?"

"Uhm... To visit your family?" I asked unsurely.

"Yeah, I want you to meet my parents and the others." Sean said to me. "I think that it's time they meet my new girlfriend. How do you feel about that? Will you come along with me?"

"Are you sure? I mean do you think they're going to accept me?"

"Why wouldn't they? You're awesome, smart and lovable. They'll love you. And the fact that I'm finally dating again, they'll be excited to meet you." Sean responded.

"Have you mentioned me to them before?" I asked curiously.

"I didn't give any details but I hinted that I wanted them to meet someone special. So, if you're coming along with me I'd let them know." Sean said hopefully. "Please, why don't you just come along? It's only for like two days and I really want you to meet them."

"Uhm... Okay, I guess." I finally nodded.

"Great, I really want them to meet you and I want to introduce you to some special ones as well. They're going to like you Morgan, if that's what you're worrying about."

"I hope so, though I have to admit that I am a bit nervous about going to meet them too." I told him.

"You remember just how nervous I was about meeting your parents?" Sean chuckled. "I almost never showed up that evening because I was dreading what I thought their reactions were going to be. Turns out it wasn't as bad as I thought it wasn't going to be. Although I thought your dad wanted to kill me."

"But they both gave you a chance and mom actually loves you. Dad is well...he's trying to be your friend now right? So you're good, you had nothing to worry about but I don't know what your family is like and it seems like I'm not only going to meet your parents but your entire family so I am really nervous about that."

"It's not my entire family, just those who live that side for now." Sean chuckled. "And they're really nice and friendly people so you don't have anything to worry about any hostility either."

"Okay, if you say so." I responded touching my ear.

"It's true what I say, you'll see." Sean responded watching me. "What are you doing?"