Chapter 26

"Babe, I had the craziest day today. I was in shock for a few seconds but it was actually funny though" Sean said as he came to join me in bed.

"What happened?" I asked propping myself up on my elbow as I turned on my side to give him full attention.

"So I had this patient today... Her boyfriend and her cousin accompanied her. She apparently cut her hand open somehow so they brought her in to get stitches. I personally believe that they should have taken her to the emergency room, even though I was capable of helping her I still believe that certain cases should just go right to the emergency room" Sean said "So, the cut wasn't all that deep but she needed a few stitches so. I told them that and proceeded to give her a bit of anaesthetic so that she wouldn't feel it when I was stitching her hand up. The second the woman saw the needle she actually took a swing at me and started screaming and trying to run out. She knocked over a couple stuff in the office and her boyfriend and cousin had a task of trying to control her and get her to calm down. This is something that I haven't seen happened in years but today when it happened I found it extremely funny. I never knew there were still adults who are afraid of needles"

"Oh my God" I couldn't help but laugh "That reminds me of myself when I was smaller"

"You were afraid of needles?" Sean chuckled.

"I was afraid of needles, doctors and hospitals" I laughed "My heart would literally feel like its about to jump out my chest when mom made an appointment to visit the doctor. And the second I saw the needle I'd start crying. I still fear going to the doctor even now"

"Oh really? You're saying you're scared of doctors? Isn't that a bit ironic?" Sean smirked.

"Maybe but obviously I'm not scared of one particular doctor" I smiled leaning him and pecking him on the lips "However, I still don't like needles. I'd probably freak out just the same if I was that lady. That's the reason I always try to be careful and not to get sick because I want to avoid a doctor's visit for as long as I can"

"You don't have to fear going to the doctor anymore because you now have your very own personal doctor" Sean smirked.

"And I'm absolutely grateful for that because I won't have to be fearful when I'm supposed to be diagnosed" I chuckled.

"You're right about that. Besides I'm not the scary"

"No you're not" I smiled before kissing him. "Anyway, speaking of crazy day. I've made some crazy discoveries today with the final teaching practice placements. You know how I told you that I'll be going on teaching practice for the next three months?"

"Yeah"

"Well guess which Highschool they've placed my group?"

"Which?" Sean asked.

"Sandy Mount High" I told him as realisation dawn on him. "Yea"

"That's awesome now you'll be close to Alli, you can give her lift to and from school and keep an eye on her"

"No, its not awesome. Alli is going to flip. This isn't cool Sean, you know how she is and how she feels about me already. She's only just started to be a little less cold towards me and now for me to be at her school where she probably think of as her haven- the place where she can get away from me" I responded "Sean I was a teen like a few years ago and trust me its not cool for your father's girlfriend to be at your school every single day. High school is like the one place where you can completely let your hair down and be yourself without your parents or anyone else being there to watch you. So me being there now is probably going to cause more tension between us"

"That's the reason I still think its awesome that you'll be there. That letting down here thing you just spoke about? Aliyah will be forced to keep hers up" Sean said to me "I've noticed some of her attitudes and the things she tries to do even in my presence, I can only imagine how she behaves when I'm not there to see. So when she knows that you'll be there everyday and that words of her behaviour may get back to me, then she'll have no choice than to behave well. Remind me to send a formal thanks to your teaching practice coordinator for sending you over to Sandy Mount. I can't for us to tell Ali the good news tomorrow night at dinner"

"Sean, don't take this the wrong way. But I think we were born in two different eras where your idea of cool and good news is actually a total disaster"

*****
There are certain times when you go out to eat and the waitress seem so grumpy and doesn't even smile or talk to you other than to ask what you want, tonight was one of the nights where I wished that we had met one of those grumpy waitresses. So Sean, Aliyah, Chrissy and I went out for dinner at this family restaurant called Beefsteaks best. Yeah I know the name is a little funny, like what kind of restaurant name is that but that wasn't the worst part. Earlier after we were all ready for dinner and came downstairs, coincidentally Aliyah and I were wearing the exact same dress, same color and everything. Aliyah wanted to go change after she came down and saw that I was wearing an exact style but Sean insisted that we were being silly making a huge deal out of wearing the same outfit, but he wouldn't get it. Guys hardly seem to have any issue at all with seeing another guy wearing the exact same outfit, girls on the other hand- we think of it as a big deal. Anyway Sean had made dinner reservations and said we didn't have time, if we didn't leave out immediately we'd be late and lose our table.

So we arrived at the restaurant and was shown to our table, even though Aliyah and I were dressed the same no one had pointed it out again or commented on it

So we arrived at the restaurant and was shown to our table, even though Aliyah and I were dressed the same no one had pointed it out again or commented on it. About a minute or so after we were seated a waitress came to take our orders and that's when things got a little awkward. She came and was being nice and all but then she commented about how cute she thought it was that Sean brought his daughters out. Now that wouldn't be such a bad or embarrassing compliment if it weren't for the fact the she went on to say how Aliyah and I were cute sisters in our identical dress. Seriously? Sean didn't even look that old enough to be my father. It was so awkward and embarrassing when we clarified that he wasn't my father and then realisation dawn on her face. She had actually apologised and that was the awkward part, apparently Aliyah found it amusing though. Which was really a surprise to me since she's a moody teen who is offended by everything.

"So Morgan have some news for you" Sean announced to Aliyah once we were having dinner.

"No I don't" I said glaring at Sean trying to get him to shut up.

"This should be great" Aliyah said sarcastically.

"No its not.  It's not that important anyway....."

"Morgan will be teaching at Sandy Mount for the next three months"

"Sean!"

"What!?" Aliyah shrieked with wide eyes "You've got to be kidding me"

"I'm not going to be exactly teaching there. Its for my final teaching practice assessment" I clarified.

"Seriously? Of all the high schools in California state you have to choose mine?"

"I didn't choose Sandy Mount. My assessors are the one who placed us there"

"Us?" Aliyah asked raising a brow.

"Its a group of us. Its six of us. Me, my friend kind and some others. We're assigned to schools by groups so I didn't chose the school. We only get to choose school in the first year when we had to do observation" I told her "Don't worry I be extremely busy trying to pass my assessment so I won't be in your way"

"This is unbelievable" Aliyah groaned.

"The bright side is that you can get a ride to and from school with Morgan" Sean said.

"Oh great" Aliyah said sarcastically.

I knew this wasn't going to be easy.