Chapter 9

Sean and I were getting closer as the days goes by and we've been out a couple more times. A couple evenings after work Sean had came by, picked me up and we'd go hang out for a few hours then he'd drop me back then went home. He had even surprised me by purchasing the two paintings his friend did- the ones I had fallen in love with at the gallery that night- and had them delivered to my house.

 He had even surprised me by purchasing the two paintings his friend did- the ones I had fallen in love with at the gallery that night- and had them delivered to my house

In my opinion that was a super sweet and romantic gesture, I had put them up in my room

In my opinion that was a super sweet and romantic gesture, I had put them up in my room. I don't know if it was possible that there were any other guy as nearly perfect as Sean. I was still keeping an eye out for the flaws any day now because so far I couldn't find any and I seriously don't think there is any such thing as the perfect guy.

"Morgan I'm going to the grocery store in a few minutes, would you mind coming along and help me?" Mom said to me as she passed me in the living room on her way to
the kitchen.

"Yeah sure, I need to get out of the house anyway" I responded sitting up in the couch and turning off the TV "I'm just going to change my clothes okay?"

I quickly ran upstairs to my room and change into a casual red and white stripe blouse and cut jeans and sneakers. On our way to the supermarket mom drove while I sat in the passenger seat next to her.

"So Mom you know how my birthday is coming up next week?" I said to her.

"Huh uh" Mom responded keeping her focus on the road.

"Well I'm not going to ask you guys for anything but in case anyone is wondering what to get me, just remember I like makeup" I said to her.

"You're not asking but you're hinting. Like strongly hinting" Mom chuckled glancing at me briefly "I don't see why you need makeup anyway, aren't you already beautiful as you are?"

"Mom that's not the point. Makeup enhances the beauty that's already there and makes me feel more confident. Besides I just love the feeling it gives when applying it" I said to her "Yes, I'm naturally beautiful but somehow makeup just gives an extra boost makes me feel extra beautiful. What's so bad about that?"

"I never said there's anything wrong or bad about it, I'm just saying I don't really understand the whole extra makeup and addition idea" Mom said to me "I just think that we should embrace our naturalness more"