Chapter 14

Sean's POV

"When was the last time you really took a break- from just straight working then going home- and hang out with us, have a drink or two?" My buddy Zach said as we were having beer at this bar.

"I am a busy man Zach, I hardly have time for myself sometimes" I sip my beer then glance at my watch for the fifth time since I got here.

"You have somewhere else to be?" Jeffrey asked "I thought you were free this weekend and have time to hang out"

"Yeah but I sort of have plans tonight" I responded taking another sip from the beer.

"Tell me that its not more work plans?" Zach inquired.

"No, I have plans with my girlfriend" I responded "Morgan's coming over tonight, I promised I'd make her dinner so I can't stay long with you guys"

"She's going over your place?" Jeff raised a brow in surprised "You finally made that decision huh?"

"You're finally having another woman back in the house now?" Zach asked surprised as well.

"Yeah I guess its about time. Christine's been gone for four years now, I think its finally time and its okay for another woman to come by now" I responded "For years I hadn't dated anyone else or brought anyone to the house because it felt as if I would be disrespecting our memories and everything but Morgan... I don't think there's any other woman that is deemed worthy enough of being there, like her. Its time I move on and accept the fact that Christine's really gone, and she isn't coming back. Morgan is different from most women...I think Christine would be glad that I chose her"

"Sounds like things are getting really serious between you two" Jeff looked at me with genuine concern "Are you sure about this?"

"Jeff, if I've never been sure about anything else in my life. I'm sure about this, Morgan is the one" I smiled thinking about her "She's smart, she's fun, witty, she has a kind heart and not to mentioned extremely beautiful"

"Sounds like you've already fallen deep for this girl. How long have you been together? How come I haven't met her before?" Zach took a drink of his beer.

"They've been together for about five or six months now?" Jeffrey looked at me for confirmation.

"We've been together officially over four months" I corrected.

"He showed up with her on a date to one of my art display shows at the gallery openings. After years and him not ready to start dating again, I was surprised" Jeffrey said to Zach "She seems really nice, and she's really pretty too but what really drew my attention was that she was younger"

"So what? Christine was younger, Fiona is younger than you by two years. Gwen's three years younger than I" Zach shrugged.

"That's different, thats only a few years. This girl now, he's twice her age" Jeff spoke as if I'm not even here.

"You're kidding. If he's twice her age then that means he's old enough to be her father" Zach responded looking at me with surprised.

"You both know and remember that I'm still here right? And I don't think Morgan and I age difference is any of you business"

"Hey no need to get defensive bro, I'm just saying... I had no idea she was that young. I didn't know you like women that younger either" Zach said.

"Morgan is quite mature for her age and she's perfect. She's a couple years younger than I, so what? She's an adult, she's legal isn't she? And she's perfectly capable of being in a serious committed relationship with me" I made sure they got the idea "I think she's the one for me, I really like her and I don't care about our age difference neither does she, so there's no problem"