1

Monica

I woke up to my sister Lily, shaking me awake. I had a raging headache but I wiggled my head out of the comforter to face the bright lights.

"Lily I swear to god I'm going to kill you!" I half yelled my voice hoarse from screaming last night.

"You're sleeping on my couch now wake the hell up," Lily grumbled pulling off the comforter then pulling me by my legs.

"No!" I shouted, I started kicking my legs like a two year old.

"Monica I swear to god if you don't get off my couch I will throw you and your ugly clothes out."

"Lily please, I feel like I'm dying just five more minutes," I begged.

"Fine, I'm going to Teddy's place if you're not up by time I get back you're out of here," She threatened, she did this every morning, threaten me out of bed and go to her best friend's place. She should ditch that girl by now, Teddy only uses Lily for some extra cash but Lily treats her more like a sister than me.

"Okie," I mumbled, I stuck my thumb in the air waiting for her to leave, finally she did and I sat up. I mumbled profanities as I went through the suitcase I live out to grab some clothes. I took a shower washing off last night's randevú at the club. I rummaged through my bag pulling out a balloon and a syringe. I cooked up a shot before injecting it to my veins. 

I stared intensly at the needle in my skin before plunging it down. I felt it almost instantly, like a shock of euphoria. I hadn't taken that much in a while, all i could do is sit there and breathe hevily with a smile on my face. the needle was still in my vein as my hand slipped down to my side. I giggled over and over, completely blissful. It took me forever to realize i still had the needle in my arm. i scrunched my nose as i pulled it from my arm. i saved it for later, i was running low on needles. it took me a bit to come down and realize what i was doing constantly weening my self off of it made them shorter and shorter. And it was almost as if that happiness i longed for had dissolved.

i struggled to stand up, still high as a kite but realizing what I'm doing is disgusting. i gripped the counter until i was able to steady my self. i apprehensively looked up in the mirror. I wanted to punch who i saw. I wanted to pull out her dirty black hair, and bash her head into the counter for being stupid and for peaking at 21. 

It was ridiculous to me, and I was so petty I had everything going now I'm here screwing my life up one day at a time. i slowed my self as i got my medication from the cabinet. i needed that almost as much as i needed my junk. I took one dry, before cautiously exiting the bathroom.

"Max!" I called my cat, he didn't come anywhere near me. I groaned shuffling towards him and picking him up.

"Come here you no good ball of fluff," I mumbled, he meowed in annoyance as I cuddled him in my arms. When lily took me in she also took my cat in. Not that she minds, she loves Max more than me.

After our parents divorced when I was twelve and she was fourteen, she went with our mom and I stayed with our dad. Our sisterly bond basically stopped after that, it was as if we weren't sisters, it was like we were family friends or distant cousins. I still care about her, much more than she does me, if we weren't blood related she'd abandon me a while ago. That's why I've been trying to get out of her place but the problem is I don't have money or a place to live. I sat crossed legged on the couch watching the TV with Max in my lap.

"Hi," I said when Lily walked in.

"You're cleaned up, that's good."

"Mhm," I hummed making a kissy face at Max who looked pissed off. I rubbed his stomach as he laid on his back in my lap.

"The only guy you'll ever have."

On the inside I made a snarky comment about my preference for women, a thing about me she also could not stand. I stood up blood rushing to my head. "Well I'm going on a date with him, say bye," I waved Max's paw. I slipped on my toms and put on my sun shades holding Max as I exited.

"Bye," Lily said as I left with Max. I walked with him to my best friend's place, Adam. I love him to death, but I'm sure things can't go back to the way the were months before. He had found out about my addiction by walking in on me in the bathroom, he didn't talk to me for quite some time until he was under the impression I quit. I did get off of it, for a solid few weeks before I went straight back to it, worst two weeks of my life. We were soulmates, in an unromantic and purely platonic way. But not anymore, not to him, I didn't mean the same i did to him as before. 

"Open up Adam," I knocked on his door.

"Morning, or should I say 3:00 pm?" He opening the door.

"Oh shut up," I entered walking to his couch, I laid down on it holding my pet.

"Max! Come here bro!" Adam called Max hopped out of my arms going to him.

"unfaithful cat," I huffed.

"you've taken up my couch," Adam stated as he pet Max

"And you've taken my Max."

"fine, fine," Adam rolled his eyes "I have to tell you something,"

"what?"

"You're going to be working backstage at a concert event tomorrow," Adam smiled

"Adam! Why would you sign me up for this how dare you!" I glared at him

"Don't you wanna know what the concert is?" he smirked

"what concert?" I groaned

A wide smile spread across his face "Warped Tour!"

"what? I checked all the volunteer spots how!?" I was really excited, My father and I used to go every year together. I continued every year after he died but this year I had no money to I even tried volunteering but that didn't work. I sat up on the couch.

"well it's backstage on the journey's right foot stage, my friend needed some fill in's because a few of the Roadies had to bail out today, so I offered you up for the job you'll get payed and everything!" Adam smiled

"Wait that's where Beartooth, Neck deep, and Memphis will be at!"

"I know."

I jumped up rushing over and hugging him "oh my god I love you so much! Dude!"

"Love you too," Adam chuckled ruffling my hair. "Prepubescent teenage boy ass," he teased pushing me back by my head. I almost forgot all the stupid shit I put us through.

>>>>>