2

I was already backstage, the day was going by quickly, Adam was currently on a break which left me alone here. I was incharge of microphone set up which was simple considering my past experience when I was in a band. While working I met Neck Deep, American Authors, Memphis May fire, and Beartooth. Currently a band called Our Last Night finished up their set and Barb Wire Dolls was 20 minutes into their set playing on the skullcandy stage. Adam was off taking a break and eating he left me here alone while he checked out a few other shows for the next two hours then it would be my turn at freedom.

"Hey Monica fix this guitar up to the Amps for me?" one of the roadies asked I nodded taking it and plugging it. I did the same for the bass and went around fixing the microphone stand, which I had a hard time reaching so one of then helped me out with that. When I was headed back my phone started vibrating with texts from Adam.

Annoying other half
Monica
Monica
Monica
Monica

Me
what

Annoying Other Half
Frights is playing today
did you know this!?
on the skullcandy stage!!!
I wish I knew
shit im sorry

Me
Adam
im going to cut off your dick

Annoying other half
im sorry I didn't know
my boyfriend wont like that

me
you should've
Also you're single

Annoying other half
thas what you think

I was about to reply but I slammed into someone's chest. My phone flew out of my hand and onto the ground, flat on it's screen. I couldn't be more easily distracted.

"shit," I cursed. I was literally so stupid. The person stopped and picked it up and like any normal person I didnt even want to deal with it and kept walking embarrassed.

I really wasnt expecting to hear such a deep low voice, "Uh dude you dropped your phone!"

I turned and looked up sighing still flustered, upon first glance, the guy I hit was giant, in a muscle and height way. "Uhm-"

"Oh fuck you're a chick sorry," he said awkwardly laughing, giving me more time to stare at him. He reminded me of an ex boyfriend I had mixed with adam, but hopefully not gay. I mean he didnt set the radar off but he could be.

"Sorry," I apologized jogging up to him as I checked him out a little bit. He had a sleeve of tattoos on his arm some on his other arm, some on his neck and a few on his chest, his hair was short and black, his skin looked really soft, and his eyes were bright blue, like really bright, the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen. That reminds me of a song... frick which one though?

He was undoubtedly attractive, but staring was weird. Something about him was familiar and captivating. "Heres your uh, phone," he mumbled.

He was looking down at me, I was small compared to him, my 5'4 stature made me feel tiny. "Yeah uhm, thanks," I told him taking it.

"You should be more careful," he said, handing it back to me. I still was surprised by how his voice was so rough and low.

I took it from him, rubbing the back of my neck with my hand. "Sorry about that," I replied, flustered and quiet, "sorry about the walking thing by the way," I added quickly, laughing a tiny bit "I just get so embarrassed I try to pretend things don't happen."