7

It was so unbelievably strange to me.

I was nervous about seeing him for some reason. It felt kind of odd, I'm not one to get attached in a relationship, so normally I don't feel much around some but holy hell I had feelings now. Weird just weird. it was a mix of attraction and ambition.

I laughed to my self as I figeted with my T-shirt. I had put on a pair of my better looking leather pants and a off white sex pistols T-shirt I made with my leather jacket. I had a bit of old drug store make up on to mask my dark circles and eyeliner because, eyeliner. I went with casual because thats all I owned casual.

I jumped up from my mattress as soon as I heard two knocks on the door. I opened it, just as I expected he was there. He dressed casual too, a misfits muscle tank, skinny jeans and combat boots. It showed off his sleeves and you could get a better view of his neck tattoos. I leaned against the door, the ghost of a smile on my face.

"Hey there rockstar."

"Hey Monica," he chuckled, we met eyes again, we did that weird thing where we just stared at each other for a couple of minutes before he cleared his throat, "are you just gonna stand there? I promised dinner."

"Hm, you've won me over, free food," he chuckled again. I stepped out and closed the door not bothering to lock it. I mean what would anyone wanna steal. We walked to his his car, he opened the door for me.

"Such a gentleman," I half smiled he smiled back.

"I try," he shrugged, the car was nice, black leather seats, decently sized.

"So where we heading to?" I asked

"Afriad I'm gonna kidnap you?" He raised his eyebrow as he put the car on drive.

"You can't really trust a man dressed all dark and ominous," I said sarcastically, he chuckled and shrugged.

"Fair enough, I'm taking you to a diner on the corner of fourth and Fremont street," he said.

"I love diners, feels like a blast from the past when you walk in one doesn't it?" I asked.

"Yeah, this one is looks like it's the 80s."

"Who doesn't like the 80s, hair bands, rock and roll, lots of hair spray," I said as if I actually lived through the eighties.

"Crue is probably my favorite," he said.

"I don't disagree with you there."

We continued to list out bands and talking about them. We filled up all the silence talking with each other.

"Look at us 90s kids talking about the 80s," he said

"I barely consider my self a 90s kid, I merely lived in the same time frame of Kurt Cobain."

"Oh yes, we barely lived through the 90s too," he chuckled, this is how it went for the rest of the drive. I enjoyed his company, we didn't need the radio to fill up any holes in our conversations. I was surprised how quickly we got there. Andy got the door for me again, there aren't many guys who do that anymore.

You've only dated like three guys what the hell do you know.

I argued with my self mentally. I had to subconsciously check if I took my pills this morning. I'd forgotten what it was like with out them, I'd been on for so long and the meds work really well, I can barely remember my last episode.

He held the door open and followed me as we entered. I whistled a little "damn it does look like the 80s threw up in here," I muttered looking at the posters, Bands like Mötör head, KISS, Guns N' Roses, Black Sabbath, and my personal favorite poster the Joan Jett one.