9

September 25th

"What am I gonna do," I said to no one in particular as I stood up from the ground I sat on. The old carpet was soft and dingey, hell knows how dirty it was, I could care less though. I had been able to scrape up a good amout of money from guitar tips and well... you know what. I bought some prepaid minutes on my phone from Walmart. Not sure of what else I'd do for the day I decided to bum out and smoke until I pass out on the mattress. One cigarette turned to two which turned to four which left me with an empty rectangular shaped card board box.

Well you can always go buy some more.

And so I did, I used my money uselessly in drugs, because there's nothing else I can do but hop around from place to place with a guitar and drugs in my system. I pocketed ten dollars and my phone before I made my trek to the corner store.

The door chimed as I walked in, quickly I found my way to the front counter and picked up a pack of cigarettes. "Junior mints too," I mumbled to my self as I picked up a box. I placed the two Items on the counter and looked at the cashier,she rang them up.

"you over 18?"

"never ask a lady her age," I replied as she rang up the two items.

"mhm, 7.65."

I gave her the ten amd she gave me back the change. I left and walked back to my apartment. My phone began to ring on the way back, so I answered like a reasonable person.

"hi Lilly."

"hey Monica," she said her voice was quiet "er, your meds are here."

"okay?"

"come and get them."

"I thought you didn't want me around," I hummed.

"Just because I'm mad at you doesn't mean I'll keep you from your meds. Things don't go well while you're off them," she told me bringing her voice down an octive.

"I'll come and get it sometime soon, don't call me again." I hung up.

I continued to the apartment passing a newer and popular bar with a help wanted sign. I mean it wouldn't hurt. I turned and entered the bar.

-----

"have you worked in a bar?"

"while ago," I shrugged

"well, we really need extra hands tonight there's this asshole who's got a shit ton of people coming," he said, the bar was reasonably filled at the moment "so if you can mix drinks and be here in two hours at 8 you're hired."

"Hell yeah, thanks," I grinned and shook his hand. I went back to the apartment, I took my shot, managed to shower, and changed into a already worn outfit. It was only seven-twenty so I could relax for a few moments.

And then my phone rang.

I checked the caller ID and picked it up "hey rockstar."

"Hi Moni," he chuckled

"Moni?" I repeated

"We went over this already, you call me rockstar so I take the C and A off your name."

I groaned "I guess I deserve this."

"I can't disagree," he said "so are you doing anything tonight?"

"Just got a job and hour ago actually," I announced "I'm leaving right now."

"lookie who got a job, congrats, where at?"

"oh, just a bar," I shrugged as I opened the door. I walked out and shut it, I continued to the bar as I talked.