Chapter 21: Bailey's House

Sometime had passed as Brett remained awake keeping a close mental eye on the tracker, watching as the foreign land that was now outside the bus passed by. It was hard to concentrate as Bailey's perfume kept reminding him that she was there. Her hands would occasionally clutch onto his hand a little tighter occasionally while she was out cold.

He had the feeling that they were close as he tactfully tried to reach his phone. Brett lifted his head up off of Bailey's doing his best not to disturb her. A few of her hairs fell from head onto her face as she readjusted herself on Brett.

Next he needed to get into his pocket on his left side. The side Bailey was clutching on to him from. Lifting his right arm he slid it over trying not to touch the other limbs in it's way. It was like being a secret agent infiltrating the evil masterminds base. The slightest mistake could wake the girl. Sure she probably wouldn't be mad, but Brett liked seeing her at peace for once. His hand had did it, it had made it's way into his pocket.

Brett's body had remained perfectly still, as his arm was like a snake, making a quick escape with the phone in hand, he returned to safety on the other side of his body. He opened the app, noticing they were only one stop away from where Bailey had pointed on the map earlier.

Hesitant to wake the sleeping beauty beside him, he wiggled his shoulder back and forth as a low groan from Bailey was released. She was back to life, she blinked a couple times before rubbing her eyes until finally looking up at the man who had awakened her from her slumber.

"Good morning, handsome."

"We're almost at our stop, so you gotta get up now."

"Okay."

The girl was still dazed from her sleep state, as her sentences were hesitant and slow. While Brett smiled at her, and rubbed her shoulder exchanging words with her in a calming whisper. Brett and Bailey sit there for a minute before Brett finally leans over and pulls the cord to tell the bus driver to stop at the next stop.

In a matter of a couple of minutes the bus slowed down and pulled up to a bus stop. The two of them both stood up and got off the bus, Brett waved at the driver as a gesture of saying thank you as they both get off.

Brett was the first one off the bus, and turned around to offer Bailey a hand as she stepped forward taking his hand as she got off herself.

"Wow, such a gentleman."

The bus pulled away as the two start walking down the sidewalk, side by side enjoying each other's company.

"So next week is the last week of classes then what?"

"I don't know. I hate winter break."

The two of them stare at the path in front of them as they finally start to move past school conversations and talk more about there personal lives. Brett looked over at the girl, she had a slight frown on her face as she was faced with the thought.

"Because of family?"

"Yea pretty much. Plus all that holiday crap and putting on a fake smile it just gets to me. To be totally truthful with you I'm more of a summer girl."

"Really?"

"Yea, y'know sunny days, out on the beach in a bikini while all the boys look at me, wanting me."

Brett began to blush, as she was feeding him the raw urge to check her out and image her in that scene. She looked at him, Bailey had Brett wrapped around her finger.

"Are you serious?"

"Maybe."

She winked at Brett unleashing her seductive techniques. There was no way Emma could match this. Bailey had triggered his primal urges as she started leading the two of them.

"Anyways about my family."

"Oh yea right, well you can always text me or something if you need to."

Brett tried to hide the fact he was dealing with some sinful thoughts, thankful that Bailey had brought it back to her family, giving him a distraction.

"Thanks I might have to."

Managing to catch up to her, she playfully bumped into him and he did the same to her in joking retaliation. The two turn the final corner as a white and blue run of the mill apartment complex came into view.

"Well. This is home."

"This is quaint."

"Yea anyways thanks for walking me home."

"It got me out of class, so really I should be thanking you."

Bailey was now standing in front of Brett as he gazed upon the complex. Brett smiled at her before they started to awkwardly laugh together at the comment until they both settle down.

Walking closer to Brett, Bailey stared into his eyes. He was committed to this girl now, as she leaned in for one last magical moment, and wrapped her arms around him giving him a bear hug.

At first Brett was a little let down, since he hoped to kiss her but the hug was better. He was surprised at the warmth of the embrace, he didn't even realize he was cold until she put her arms around him mirroring her Brett did the same. They stayed in that position in front of the apartment complex for a few minutes, sharing each other's warmth in the cold overcast and rain filled day. The embrace felt endless, while his heart began to race just like the first time he had hugged Emma. It was perfect until a crack of thunder tore through the overcast clouds and the young couple separated.

Brett moved his hands, down her arms. Her soft pale skin turned red as his hands passed over until finally finding her hands. Brett could almost feel the love radiating from Bailey as the two stared at each other while the rain began to trickle down around them.

"I should go."

"Yea. Thank you again."

The moment was set up perfectly but Brett failed to pull the trigger. Bailey didn't seem disappointed at all though as she smiled at him and walked toward the front door of the complex.

Brett stood in the rain watching Bailey. The rain began to pour a little harder watching Bailey as she went into the building, when yet another crack of thunder hits and the rain started to increase significantly bordering on a torrential downpour. Holding his hand out the rain bounced off his palm. Realizing he was wasting time he withdrew his hand and walked back to the bus stop.