Chapter 31: A Favour

The low rumbling continued, before being joined by what sounded like high pitched screeching off in the distance. The romantic moment was interrupted by one of the most destructive forces known to the human race. Bailey rolled off of Brett's chest and sat up, Brett wasn't far behind her as they both were now sitting up on the rock and scanning the horizon. It was empty.

The noise didn't have a source as the young couple looked at each other and went back to where they left off, but the noise was still around becoming more aggressive as each second passed the rustling off grass was getting louder as well as echoing down from up on the top of the hill. Brett looked into Bailey's eyes.

"Do you hear that?"

"What?"

Bailey was still drunk with passion as she had the stare of devouring Brett's face. However Brett had pulled away as he looked at the top of the hill. The sound becoming more familiar then before but it still didn't make sense.

"It sounds like, small children it that makes sense."

"Why would there be kids out here."

She was impatient, as she licked her lips, wanting Brett more and more as each second passed. Brett wanted it to, but like Michelle said Brett was responsible for her and he had to protect her from whatever was approaching.

"I don't know, maybe it was just my imagination."

The two started to scan the walls, Bailey realizing she wasn't going to get that kiss anytime soon. She started looking also that's when Brett turned his head to look up the hill. Only to see a small head pop over the edge."

"Oh my god"

A mix of fear and adrenaline instantly entered Brett's veins as the horrific sight appeared on the ridge line. The one head he had just seen turned into a small army of little kindergarten students that poured over the edge and ran full tilt toward the rock formation.

Their little legs were destroying everything in their path, Bailey and Brett both stared in horror. Brett turned to Bailey who was already looking at him and grabbed his hand making sure they didn't lose each other in the sea of hyperactive children.

The two of them made an attempt to get off the boulder but it was to late the kids had already swarmed them. They began to climb up and around the rocks not even caring that Brett and Bailey were sitting amongst them. The two of them dodge the kindergarten kids little bodies as they tried to inch their way off the rock.

"I think we should go."

"You think."

A kids leg narrowly missed the side off Bailey's head as Brett manages to make a path and hop of the rock and into the pool of kids. Without hesitation he quickly turned around and motioned for Bailey to hop onto his back. She quickly obliged wrapping her legs around his waste and leaned forward locking her arms around Brett's neck.

Brett traversed the sea of kids as he felt Bailey hold on tighter to him, the additional weight was something to get used to as he took it one step at a time trying not to hurt any of the kids, but that didn't stop them. Some of the kids tried to get Bailey off Brett's back as they passed by, they'd hit her leg or tug on her dress it was chaos.

However they finally made it through and Brett lowered himself so Bailey could step off.

"My hero."

She was flirtatious as she grabbed Brett's hand, and they began to walk back to the bus so they could get back to Bailey's apartment complex. They were tired, never in his life did Brett think he would be jumped by an army of five year olds. Thankfully they get to the bus rather quickly and both crashed on the seats until they got to the stop.

The mid afternoon sun was beating down on them now as they finally approached the apartment complex. Unfortunately since the incident the intimate moment had been lost. Brett had lost hope on kissing this girl while he walked her to the front door of the complex. The two locked eyes as they said their goodbyes to each other.

"I'm sorry but my mom doesn't like boys in the apartment when she's not home. Anyways though thanks for today sorry the date was kinda ruined, I owe you a kiss though. a good one when I have energy, not today because I'm feeling gross."

"Don't worry about it and you're welcome."

She opened the door to the complex and began to walk in before poking her head out a little bit.

"I'll text you later."

"For sure, I'll let you know when I'm home."

Bailey disappeared behind the door with a smile, while Brett stood outside waving good bye until no one was there as they go their separate ways.

***

Later that night, Brett sat at an illuminated computer typing away on a story. Over the summer he got really in to writing as it was a way for him to suppress the depression. Furiously typing away on a romantic love story. His phone aggressively shook back and forth, making an awful noise on the wooden desk top. Picking up the phone he saw a message from Bailey.

"Hey, I was thinking about you, and I have a favour I'd like to ask."

"What is it?"

A long pause filled the conversation as Brett watched the three little dots go back and forth processing the message until it finally popped up.

"Well I have this doctors appointment coming up and I don't want to go alone. My mum was going to show up and take me home but I don't want to go by myself. Do you think you could come with me?"

Brett sighed deeply as the truth finally sank in, with the way he had been treating her he was now heavily invested with Bailey as they once again walked the fine line of becoming a true couple.

"Sure I can, when is it?"

Giving up his attention on the story, he now stared at the conversation.

"Tomorrow, at seven a.m."

"Alright we'll meet at the school, bus station since it almost a common halfway point. Ill see you there."

Brett put the phone back on his desk with a little force, he was almost frustrated by the matter but he wasn't sure why, as another text came through.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem."

In reality the no problem was slightly aggressive but Bailey probably didn't get that tone when she read it. Typing a little more on the computer, Brett eventually sat back, unable to focus, as he wondered why Bailey had to go to the hospital.