Chapter 25: Paige & Colin

Brett was dumbfounded by Bailey's request, he couldn't believe the she already wanted him to take her home again. Maybe she had something she needed to say to him.

"Uhh."

Brett stood in front of her, looking at her innocent smile as he drifted away from reality, and into the space that he had been time and time again now again at this point. The little devil accompanied with his counterpart appeared in his peripherals. This time was different something had changed between the two manifestations. They were pitted against each other, almost appearing like they were about to kill each other.

"Let's just go home, she can get home herself. It's been a long day."

It almost seemed that the angel had lost all hope in Emma, his sole purpose was instead to get Brett away from Bailey as the little devil chimed in.

"Screw that, take her home. She might like us. We can't mess this up."

"But our favourite shows are on at three, and...Emma."

There it was the little angel was still holding onto the thought of Emma. She was contagious and impossible to give up, unless you were the manifestation of the devil.

"Bailey is better then our shows, or even the girl we shall not name. Go Brett, take Bailey home and make her ours."

The hallucinations faded as he blankly looked at Bailey.

"Soooo, you coming?"

Brett blinked for a second as he looked at Bailey as she awaited an answer.

"Yea sure, I'll take you home."

With new found confidence Brett accepted Bailey's offer. He had to, it was the only way he'd get to ask her out before it was to late. Her eyes lit up as she smiled at him. She couldn't have been happier as the two grabbed their bags and exited the school and walked to the bus stop that they had gone to only a few days prior.

The bus stop was more crowded this time around, since it was actually an appropriate time to leave the school. Brett and Bailey got there and were unable to get a seat on the wooden bench instead they had to stand on the sidewalk waiting for the bus.

While Brett was standing trying to look over all of the other students heads for a bus to come down the hill. Two individuals emerge from the crowd beside them. The one girl had short blonde bobbed hair, eye liner that curled on the edges of her eyes in a flowery pattern, and a tattoo sleeve on her right arm. She was barely five feet tall as she held the hand of a boy about the same height as Brett. He had scraggly brown hair, a cocky smirk and a black track jacket from a knock off brand called bleacher. He thought he was the cock of the walk as the little girl dragged him toward Bailey and Brett.

They stopped as Bailey bent over and hugged the short girl and acknowledged the boy that was just holding her hand with a nod.

"Brett, these are my friends." Bailey explained as the short blonde girl waved at him and she took the other boys hand again. "This is Paige, and this is her boyfriend Colin."

Colin reached out to shake Brett's hand. Brett noticed and gave the boy the satisfaction. Normally Brett wouldn't fraternize with a kid like this. He had the look of a guy who was better then you even though his coolness came from his daddy's money. Beside them Paige walked closer to Bailey, and pulled her away from the two boys.

"He's pretty cute, you go girl."

Paige whispered as she playfully punched Bailey in the arm. The bus pulled up beside the stop as the two groups were separated. The girls ended up being closer to the bus's entrance while the boys followed with a few individuals in between them. Bailey found a seat facing the aisle while Paige sat on the seat running horizontally to Bailey's. The boy's eventually make it to them and take the respective seat beside their girl.

"So are you two excited for the summer?"

Bailey asked Paige as she watched her cuddle up to Colin.

"Yea were going up to Colin's parents cabin for the break. Unsupervised."

The little girl winked at Bailey, clearly implying that Colin and her were going to partake in some eighteen plus activities behind closed doors. Brett was quickly starting to connect the dots of what these two new individuals personalities were like.

"Well that sounds fun, at least you'll see each other."

Brett leaned forward in his seat and locked his hands together, trying to keep a straight face as he listened to the other's conversation.

"So Brett, what're like your hobbies?"

Feeling all of their gazes burning into the back of his head, he had forgotten that he was actually a part of this conversation and not just an observer. He turned his attention back to them.

"Uhh, I'm a programmer, I make video games and stuff."

Colin nodded in appreciation for what Brett was interested in. The girls just watched with not much to add. Paige was more of a make up enthusiast and Bailey just didn't seem interested.

"Cool, I'm a professional Strike Axe player. I paint my own models and everything," Colin had the widest grin on his face as if what he had just said was suppose to make Brett jealous. It didn't. Beside him though Paige rolled her eyes while Colin put an arm around her. "And Paige is my biggest cheerleader."

Paige looked at Bailey with an annoyed look as Colin spoke.

"Yea. I'm his most important cheerleader for sure."

Her tone was extremely sarcastic as Colin kissed her on the cheek causing Bailey to laugh. The group settled down as Brett began to question what he had gotten himself into.

"Can I just say something."

From out of nowhere, Colin addressed the group clearly with something on his mind.

"Yea absolutely, you just did."

Trying to be witty, Bailey shut Colin down for a few seconds, looking at her unimpressed with what she had just said.

"Anyways, Brett I have to be honest with you bud. I honestly have to say that I think this is the happiest I've ever seen Bailey. It's nice to see her smile for a change."

Brett looked at Bailey's smile. She was usually so content but she was actually blushing.

"Yea it is nice to see you so happy Bailey."

Paige sealed the deal with her comment as Bailey had no where else to look except at Brett. Who was already looking at her, realizing that he had just got confirmation that he was the reason that she smiled. Colin looks outside the bus and picked up his bag.

"Well this looks like our stop, well see you guys later."

Colin stands up, while Paige held Bailey's hand and leaned in closer to her as she stood up.

"Don't let this one go."

Her whispering attempt failed as Brett overheard what she had said but pretended not to. Paige grabbed Colin's hand and followed him off the bus leaving Brett and Bailey by themselves with all of the information that the other two had released into the air.