CHAPTER 30

Chapter 30:The Proposal. 

---------

"You reap what you sow"

~ A N O N ~

---------

"So Amyrah, do you cook?" 

It was time for interrogation. The moment every girl hates when meeting for arranged marriages because of the many, often useless, questions. 

"She cooks really well" answered Jazbah but the mother of Omar gave her a look to answer for herself. 

"Yes" 

"Do you know pakistani dishes? Omar loves them!" 

"Are they taking her hand in marriage or to be a cook?" whispered Karmaan. 

"I know, its better if she gets married in our family! No cooking, no chores, nothing!" muttered Kulthum. 

Kayan nudged both of them to keep shut as he gauged what was going on infront of him. 

"Briefly tell us about your daily routine dearest?" the mother questioned again. 

"Uhh" Kayan knew Amyrah was feeling tensed. 

"Yes?" 

"Well, I wake up, get dressed, get breakfast and go to work" she said and his mother's eyes widened. 

"Allah! You don't cook?" 

"I do but sometimes" she replied, playing with her fingers anxiously. Kayan knew she was a nervous wreck just by that one sign. And he also knew Amyrah would blow up soon. 

"So dear, what work do you do?" 

"I draw" Again the mother's eyes widened but this time, so did everyone elses. 

Noor was going to speak but Jazbah pulled her back. Noor glared at her but Amma took over, glaring back at Noor. 

"Ya Allah! Draw? Draw what?" 

Kayan saw Amyrah's eyes closing for a moment and then snapping open. 

Bad sign. 

He looked over to Yazdan, Sahl and Farhaan and nodded at them. 

The boys immediately called someone and soon, a loud bang was heard. 

And.................. everyone began running towards the sound, leaving the interrogation behind. 

Kayan looked over to Amyrah who shot him a small smile. 

"you look pretty" he gestured and she blushed. All this did not go unnoticed by Amma who was seated with Grandmother Zaeef. 

"So you think they will admit to each other?" questioned Amma. 

Grandmother Zaeef sighed. 

"I doubt. I mean Kayan did say he likes her but who knows?" 

"This generation I tell you! My time, he did not waste time to confess and marry me. Even told my father to give my hand in marriage or we'll elope!" laughed Amma and grandmother Zaeef laughed too. 

"I really wish for them to be married. Amyrah is good for my family" said Grandmother Zaeef. 

"Huh, my grandchildren are like that" 

"Amyrah?" Omar called out as Amyrah turned. 

The two were left to talk alone so that they get to know each other.