CHAPTER 35

Chapter 35: Night Swims.

---------------
"Perhaps the most important thing in life is love."

《 |anon| 》

--------------

The doors locked and Amyrah felt a familiar clenching of her chest. Bile rose up her throat and she felt the hijab suffocating her. Her breathing picked up pace to such extent that she felt the need to breath through her mouth as well to stay alive. Her hands shivered and her hand unconciously gripped her hijab, ready to rip it off in case of need.

Kayan realized Amyrah was white as a vampire. She could beat Edward Collins at his own game.

"Amyrah. ... calm down" he spoke softly and met her eyes.

She did not take the hint.

"Amyrah..... relax. Take deep breaths" he said, leaning into the backseat and grasping her hands.

"Close your eyes and take deep breaths" he whispered, gently rubbing her hands.

He was hoping this works because he had absolutely no idea what was going on with her. 

Amyrah was already into the black abyss that she was used to. It happened alot before. It was a panic attack kinda thing.

She also knew she cannot be there. She was stronger than this. She was. She just had to believe.

Believe.  Conquer. Own.
Believe. Conquer. Own.

Repeatedly, her mind chanted it. Slowly she felt relief wash over her as she pulled herself out of the darkness. The calling of her name by a familiar voice helped her pull herself together. 

She opened her eyes slowly and through the blur tried to make out her environment.

She tried not to think of anything but the good things. Like perhaps the garden back in Canada.

Yes, that's it. Think of the gardens. The sweet morning scents, the flowers that blossomed. The happy children. The birds chirping and the bussing of the bees around, searching for food.

Somehow that calmed her down.

"You alright there?" Questioned Kayan and Amyrah turned to face him.

Giving him a small smile, she nodded.

"I wanted to give you this before we head inside but...." he said, extending his hand from the front seat.

His body was almost sandwiched in between the two seats.

"Oh thank you" replied Amyrah, trying to sound confident as she eyed the gift.

It was a small box wrapped in floral paper.

"Well.... take it then" he said and she nodded taking it from him.

Kayan felt restless as he got off the car and opened the door for her.

Something was different about Amyrah. But what?

He saw her get off, give him a smile and take two steps ahead before stopping.

He pushed the door shut and walked to her. He gestured for her to walk and she did.

But all this while, Amyrah felt lifeless. Like her spirit was somewhere else.

Kayan was hoping she was not regretting her decisions.  Not yet anyway.