CHAPTER 32

Chapter 32: The Answer 

---------------

And all these little things will matter in your lives. 

[[ lyrical ]]

-------------

"Oh my Allah!  I can't believe our Amyrah is finally getting married!!!" Gushed Ruwaydah to Noor who shook her head.

"She is yet to give her consent, Ru. You and I both know what has happened the past times" she explained calmly.

Noor loved Amyrah a lot and wished the best for her. She had always wanted Amyrah to settle down with no worries about her spouse cheating or when she would be back stabbed. Noor was worried because her age was going and typically, boys of good caliber would not have interest in her no matter how educated or rich she is. That's just how a typical Indian society lives.

Ruwaydah understood where her sister-in-law was coming from. For a lady who got married late in her years, she knew what the society could do. She put her hand over Noor's clasped ones and smiled.

"I know but In Sha Allah, all will be well soon. Our Myrah is one of a kind and she will get someone who's her standard!" She said and Noor nodded hoping it comes true.

Meanwhile, Amyrah was having a hard time keeping her cousins at bay. All of them demanded to know what had occurred between Amyrah and Kayan in Canada.

And Amyrah did not want to tell everyone that. It was a secret she wanted to keep. To herself. For her and Kayan to know.

"No, nothing happened. He was just a client who, I had no idea would turn out to be Ehaan's family and would propose marriage!" Said Amyrah, playing with her fingers.

"Okay, suppose we agree to that, something must have happened along the way for then to propose!" Persisted Aaiyla and for the nth time, Amyrah wanted to slap the life out of Aaiyla.

"Nothing happened!!!" She replied for the nth time.

"Sure?"

"200%!"

"Okay so what's your answer then?" Questioned Urwa, eager to know.

Amyrah sighed. To be honest, she had no idea what her answer would be. Absolutely not.

"I do not know." She replied honestly.

"You don't? "

"I dont"

"I think she will reject it" whispered Raha and everyone turned to her.

"What? She has done it before!"

"Guys, I am developing a head ache. I am gonna go take aspirin and sleep"

With that Amyrah walked towards the door and entered the house. She strode to her room and locked the door behind her.

She set in silence on the couch, simply thinking her life through.

She had rejected many proposals no doubt but this one was a different one. It felt different because it was Kayan who was asking for her hand.

"Ya Allah, what do I do?" She Muttered to herself as she undid her hijab.

That's when she realized she had to do Istikharah, so she quickly wore her hijab loosely and went to the bathroom to do whudhu. 

After that, she stood for the prayer that is supposed to answer all her questions.

And mainly, if he was the one.