Chapter 12

Dedicating this to Ananya_malik... Here's your update girl, enjoy... 😊

Enjoy guyz...

_________________________________

Khushi was busy in her office. It was her first day but still work burden was huge. The previous head designer left the job in an emergency and the company was in the middle of preparaing a big fashion show.

The fashion show was due in a month, and the designs were still to be finalized. Khushi was really busy throughout the day. At Lunch the whole family i.e NK, Naina and Khushi met in Ayan's cabin.

Khushi sat beside Ayan while NK and Naina sat opposite to them. With little chit chat and jokes, they ate their lunch.

After lunch, NK and Naina went for some investment work that was pending for a long time. Meanwhile, Khushi gave her progress report to Dad.

See, Dad. I made these designs. Tell me if they need any corrections.

Ayan looked at the designs and was spell bound. They were so simple yet so elegant and classy. He kept looking at them for a long time. So long that Khushi was feeling restless now.

She shooked his arm, Dad, Tell na. How are they?

Amazing. He finally muttered. They are really amazing. Top class. I am really proud of you. You just made me realize that I am indeed taking a good decision. Well done, beta.

Khushi was really happy to hear this. It's a great feeling to be praised by your dad. She was over the moon, literally.

But then her happiness subsided and she looked confused. What decision, Dad?

Ayan patted her head and lovingly kissed her forehead. You will know soon. Now go, and wind up your work. We will leave in an hour after NK and Naina come.

Still confused but happy, Khushi collected her designs and left for her cabin.

Ayan sighed and leaned back on the chair, staring at nothing in particular.

I wish you were here with me to see her progress. I miss you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aman's words shocked Arnav to core.

Wh - what do you mean? What kind of lead? Speak up dammit? What did you find?

Arnav, relax. Cool down. Listen to me. I will tell you only if you promise me one thing. Aman gripped his shoulders.

Arnav glared at him, before asking, What kind of a promise?

Aman sighed and said, Promise that you will not freak out. You will take it positively. You. Will. Not. Curse. Yourself.

Arnav was restless now. Aman, you are scaring me. Please tell me already.

First promi -

Okay. I promise. Now shoot. Arnav cut through his sentence.

Aman sighed and said, I found her records in a hospital.

Arnav stiffened. Hospital? He whispered not believing it at all.

Yes, I was looking for her as Khushi Kumari Gupta or Singh Raizada but she was nowhere, not in any hostels, any hotels, or even hospitals. But last night, I came across an idea and searched for her in hospitals as Khushi, just Khushi. And the hospital near NK's apartment in Sydney had only 18 Khushi's records and only this morning, my man informed me that only one Khushi was admitted in that hospital during the dates you told me. And top of all, Nandkishore was the name of her relative. This means that she was indeed your Khushi.