Chapter 20

20th Chapter,,, I am amazed...

Didn't know that I will get THIS far...

Thanks for the love guyz...

Enjoy...
________________________________

Ayan stiffened hearing it.

What? He whispered not believing it to be true.

Khushi nodded, while tears sting in her eyes.

Ayan at once hugged her, as if hiding her from the world.

No, no. I won't let another MALIK to snatch you from me. No, I won't. I. Won't. Let. That. Happen. Never.

He kept murmuring to her while Khushi just hugged her, not saying anything but silently caressing his back, giving him support.

She closed her eyes, thinking about the day she finally learnt the whole truth.

FLASHBACK

It was night now. After agreeing with NK about giving Ayan and Naina, a chance to explain themselves, she was still unable to cope up with this sudden news.

Numerous questions were popping up in her mind, but she was scared about voicing them out.

At around half past ten, she got up from the bed, tired of all the thinking. She made her way outside the room, only to find the whole house in dark except for one room.

She slowly came towards that room and peeked in. It was looking like a study room. There were shelves laiden with books and files. She knocked and went inside.

There was no one there. She looked around just then she heard footsteps coming towards the room.

Panicking, she turned only to see Ayan standing there, holding a glass of water.

Khushi. He whispered, Guriya, what are you doing here? You should be resting na?!

I - I, she fumbled, not knowing what to say. I couldn't sleep.

Ayan came forward and gently grabbed her shoulders, leading her to a sofa, sit, he said, applying pressure on her shoulders.

It must be all tiring for you, right?

Khushi nodded slightly. I don't understand anything. I know that you are my Babuji, but where were you all these years? Why you left me?

She said in a broken tone, tears making their way out and sliding on her cheeks.

Sshhhh. Ayan cupped her face, wiping the tears. Ssssshhh. Don't cry, doll. I will tell you everything.

Its time you know everything.

Khushi gulped visibly and unknowingly, tightened her hold on Ayan's hand.

Ayan sighed and started the story of his life.

(A/N: Ayan telling his story is in Italics. It is not a Flashback. He is telling all this while sitting with Khushi.)

Aradhana and Garima Dev were sisters. They lived in Lucknow. Aradhana was a bubbly chirpy girl, just like you, Khushi.

Khushi smiled a bit.

I first saw her when I came to Lucknow with my friends. She was eating Gol Gappa, and I lost my heart to her, right there.