Chapter 18

Sorry for being late, again...

Enjoy guyz...

________________________________

FLASHBACK CONTINUES

Babuji. Khushi whispered in a trance. But, narrowing her eyes, how is this possible? She questioned.

Ayan sighed, I will tell you everything Khushi, but now you have to rest. I promise that I will answer your every question, but not now. Please.

Before Khushi could object, Dad is right, Khushi. Trust him, Naina said sitting on the other side of her bed.

She looked at her and narrowed her eyes in confusion, Who is she? She asked Ayan.

I - I am your elder sister, Khushi. Naina told her.

M - my sister? Khushi's eyes widened in shock.

Yes, Khushi. I am Naina. Naina Singhania. Your di.

Di. Khushi whispered back. But, but - she tried to speak, but no words came out. She was still in shock.

Babuji? Di? How is this possible?

Feeling scared of all the happenings, she looked here and there in search of NK but didn't find him near her. Panicked she started calling him,

N - NK Bhai. Bhaiii.

Ayan and Naina got alerted seeing her like that but before they could stop her, NK came running in the room.

Khushiji? Khushiji what happened? Are you alright? NK came and sat beside her.

NK Bhai. She sobbed. I am scared!

Scared? NK whispered and looked at Ayan and Naina, but they shook their heads, not knowing what happened to her.

NK cupped Khushi's face and gently made her look at him. Ssshhh. Khushiji, there is nothing to be scared of. We are all your family. Don't be afraid. Ssshhhh. Calm down. Ssshhh.

Khushi's sobs slowly subsided and she nodded her head. But was still holding NK's hand.

NK looked at her hand clutching his own, he felt bad. Knowing that she is still afraid of Ayan and Naina, he asked,

Umm. Uncle, if you don't mind, can I talk to her in private? I will explain things to her. She is scared to trust anyone. Please don't be offend-

It's okay, NK beta. We understand. Please take care of her. Ayan said and gesturing Naina, both left the room.

When the door closed, NK directed his attention to Khushi, who was now staring at the wall, lost in thoughts.

Taking a long breath, NK composed himself and shook her shoulders, bringing her back from thoughts.

Seeing the room empty except for them, she poured out her heart.

NK Bhai! What is happening with me? He - he is my father, I know that. I have seen his picture, but how - how is that possible NK Bhai? He died 12 years ago? Then how - and that girl? She was saying that she is my sister but - Khushi became breathless.

Sssshhh, sssshhh. Calm down Khushiji. Calm down. NK

And finally, Khushi did calm down, relieving NK too.

Khushiji, listen to me!

I met Ayan uncle a month ago, the day your operation happened!