Chapter 27

Here you go...

Sorry for the delay...

______________________________

Khushi gasped as she looked inside from a half opened door. Her hand pushed open the door.

Arnav was standing before the mirror. On hearing the door open, he glanced in the mirror and saw Khushi standing at the door with shocked expressions.

Cursing under his breath, he at once pulled back his shirt, covering himself.

Arnavji?? She whispered as she came in the room.

Why are you here now? His voice was emotionless, sending chills down her spine.

What? How?? She felt choked as she came nearer to him. Arnav was buttoning up his shirt, looking anywhere but her.

Why?? She asked him with concern as she stood before him; close to him.

Because I wanted to lessen my pain, okay?? He gritted his teeth, moving away from her before she could see his unshed tears.

But Khushi held his hand, stopping him. Arnav took a deep breath feeling her touch after years.

I am sorry. She whispered tightening her hold on his arm.

Arnav opened his closed eyes after hearing her words.

Leave me. He whispered back making Khushi startled.

What does he mean? She thought scared.

You won't get any happiness with me around. Leave me and live your life as you want. With a gentle push, Arnav slid his hand from her hold.

You are better off without me. Saying he marched towards the bathroom leaving a baffled Khushi behind.

A tear escaped her eyes as she recalled his words. She looked around the room, still in same daze and saw a paper with white powder lying on the table.

She took steps near it, slowly. Holding the powder in her hand, she leaned and smelled it.

Salt?? She let out a gasp. He was trying to-

Without a second thought, she threw the powder in the dustbin and came near the bathroom.

Arnavji. She banged on the door, almost breaking it.

WHATT?? Arnav jerked open the door and shouted.

But Khushi just held his collar, dragging him out of the restroom.

Who did that to you?? She asked with fire shining in her eyes. What were you about to do to it?

Arnav averted his eyes. I don't think I am answerable to you. His voice was more cold than any ice.

Yes, you are. Khushi gritted her teeth before reaching for his shirt buttons, startling Arnav.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Aman?? Where are you?? Our train leaves in half an hour, come ON man. Arnav shouted for the nth time, standing in the living room with his luggage.

Coming. Aman grunted, finally coming out with his bag.

I know what you are trying to do Aman. Arnav spat out.