Chapter 36

Eid-ul-Adha Mubarak...

Hope this Eid brings a lot of happiness to you and your family. May Allah bless us all with His never-ending blessings... Ameen...

***

Khushi opened her eyes and blinked them. The morning sun was shining through the window, making whole room light up.

She squirmed and then noticed a manly chest below her head and a strong hold on her waist. She looked up and saw Arnav sleeping peacefully in her arms. His protective arms made sure that she don't get out of the bed.

She felt her heart fell in love with him all over again. He was resembling like a baby, sleeping so cutely. She caressed her cheeks, with light stubble on them.

He sighed and turned his head, leaning in her touch. Good morning, wifey. He said in his ever husky morning voice. Khushi blushed hard as his hold tightened on her waist.

Slept well? He asked nuzzling his nose in the crook of her neck.

Hmmm. She hummed, caressing his nape.

Let's get up. She said while rubbing her nose with his. Dad and all will be waiting for us. He nodded, sighing and got up. Stretching himself, he got out of the bed and went to washroom.

Khushi too got up and started clearing the room. Soon Arnav came out and she went to get freshen up. Dressed in a red color saree, she came out and applied light makeup.

Arnav was out of the room at that time. As he entered, he was awestruck looking at her getting ready. He leaned to the door frame and gazed at the beauty before him.

Arnav. She turned feeling his gaze upon her.

Seeing him so lost, Khushi couldn't help but feel beautiful. She clutched the side of her saree, as Arnav came close to her. Standing just before her, he stared at her for a long time.

Finally, Khushi looked up and their eyes locked. The whole world was forgotten as Arnav pulled her in his arms.

I love you. He confessed for the nth time in the last 12 hours.

Khushi smiled hearing his words. I love you too. She said with love shining in her eyes, and tightened her hold on him.

Breaking apart, Arnav placed a kiss on her forehead, letting his lips linger there for a while. He gulped, as if drinking her in. He moved back and looked at her. How a beast like me got such a beauty for myself? He placed his forehead on hers.

Because beauty always belonged to the beast. My beast. She smiled and hugged him. Both stood there, relishing their union, their first day as a couple.

I am waiting. He mumbled. Come soon. With a soft pat on her head, he left the room.

Khushi took a long breath, calming her racing heart beat. Giving final touch to her makeup, she dashed outside the room, picking her purse from the bed.

Closing the apartment door, she locked it behind her and then took the lift down. Arnav was waiting for her in the car. As soon as she sat on her seat, Arnav pulled her towards him. You will be with me forever na? He asked insecured.

Everytime when they left the apartment, Khushi didn't return back with him. He was just overwhelmed with the sudden wedding that he was unable to believe it.

I am your wife now, Arnav. Nobody can separate us. She pecked his lips, hugging him. I love you. And I am with you. Forever. She tightened her hold on him, making him sigh in relief.