Chapter 33

Enjoy...

__________________________________

Khushi was caressing his head when she felt him stiffened. He pulled back and wiped his tears away.

Arnavji? She called uncertainly.

I am okay, Khushi. He mumbled, not looking towards her. He was cursing himself for falling weak.

Khushi let out a long sigh, understanding his unsaid words. And then slowly cupped his cheeks and made him look at her.

Break down, Arnavji. Let it all out. She caressed his stubble as he shook his head.

Mere samne nahi tu kis k samne Arnavji? She questioned and that was all it took for him to let his feelings out. Arnav's eyes filled with tears. (If not in front of me then who, Arnavji?)

He pulled her close and hid his face in the crook of her neck. Khushi could feel her shoulder getting wet.

Why Khushi? Why me? His muffled voice broke Khushi's heart into million pieces. I was not there to save my princess, Khushi. He tightened his hold on her waist.

Khushi gulped her tears.

What was her fault in all that? He asked not waiting for the answer. Are we that bad that DM snatched her from us? His turmoil was at its peak.

I lost her, Khushi. And then I lost you too. His vulnerability was breaking Khushi.

You don't know what I went through these years, Khushi. He pulled back.

I had no one with me. Not you, not my family. I felt like I was lost in a desert. He complained.

Mein jeena nahi chahta tha, lekin sansein tum se juri thin. He confessed. Jab tk tum ho, mjh mein jaan hai. (I didn't want to live, but my breathings were linked with you. Till the time you are alive, there is life in me)

Itni baar socha, k khatam kar lon khud ko. Chor don sub ko. He got up and made Khushi sit too. (I thought many times, to finish myself. Leave everyone)

Tumhein pata hai Khushi. Us waqt saans lena bhi aik kaam lagne lag gaya tha. (You know Khushi, at that time even breathing seemed like a task)

Jab tumhari koi khabar nahi milti thi, tu pta nahi kitni baar meine khud ko takleef dene ki koshish ki hai. (when I failed to get any news about you, I tried to harm myself many times)

Phir tumhari tasveer ko dekh kr ehsaas hota tha k koi hai, jis se mein be inteha pyaar krta hon. Koi hai jis ko meri takleef se kabhi dukh hota tha. (But then seeing your picture I used to realiz that there is someone whom I love alot. There is someone who used to get pain seeing me suffer)

Koi hai, jis k na hone se mjhe apni zindagi se nafrat ho rahi hai. (There is someone whose absence make me hate my own life)

In teen salon mein, meine sirf tumhe socha hai Khushi. Sirf tum se muhabbat ki hai. Sirf tumhe dhondha hai Khushi. Arnav cupped her cheeks. (In these three years, I just thought about you Khushi. I just loved you. I just searched for you Khushi)

Har baar sochta tha k aik baar tum mil tu jao, tumhein such bta kr hamesha k liye chala jaon ga. He told her making her eyes widened. (I always thought that after I meet you once, and tell you the truth, I will leave forever)

Nahi. She panicked, Arnav realized his words, but his inner self wanted to hear her love for him. (No)

Ap hamein chor kar nahi jain ge. Kabhi nahi. She shook her head making Arnav stare at her. (You won't go away leaving me. Not ever)