Chapter 40

Aman. Are you ready yet? NK asked in a loud voice coming out of his room. We have to g- he stopped seeing Aman and Ayan standing there with files in their hands and raised brows.

We are ready since half an hour, it was you who was busy with Naina bhabhi. Aman narrowed his eyes, stifling a chuckle while Ayan smiled.

NK rubbed his nape sheepishly, I had to update her and she was feeling low so took some time to cheer her up. He explained.

Ayan and Aman nodded their heads, understanding his situation. We will arrange for her to come as soon as the case is filed against Garima. Aman assured. She will be with us in some days.

NK nodded his head, giving a soft smile. Okay, we should definitely go now. Lawyer is waiting for us. Ayan tapped the files in his hand and together they went out of the apartment.

.

.

.

Arnav was about to push open the door. His heart was frantically beating realizing that he is about to see the person who was responsible for all the mishap happened in past three years.

Just as his hand reached the knob to turn, he was pulled to his left side forcefully. What the- a low hiss escaped his mouth before a palm covered it and then his eyes widened looking at the person before him.

You? Here? His muffled voice came.

I can't let you do this all alone. Khushi smiled softly at him. Arnav sighed against the wall, visibly relaxing his body.

Flashback:

Arnav entered the room and stopped in his steps. Khushi was standing near the window, her head leaned on its frame.

The room was drowned in darkness, with only lights coming from the window. He stepped towards her, his heart beating in fear.

Khushi? He placed his hand on her shoulder, startling her. Arnav. She turned towards her, her eyes softening seeing him there.

What happened? Why are you standing here alone? He caressed her shoulder with one hand and cupped her cheek with the other.

Are you okay? He searched her eyes, drowning in their depths.

I am okay, Arnav. She sighed. Just a little overwhelmed. This place, she kept her head on his chest, just against his heart. This city brings back the worst memories of my life. I know I have all you beside me, my real family with me, but still at times I feel too scared. She hid her face in his chest as Arnav tightened his hold on her.

Sssshhh. I know how it feels Khushi. Trust me I am scared too. He lowered his face and placed a loving kiss on her head.

But remember that I will always be there for you. Whenever you feel scared, just rush into my arms and I will protect you. Khushi leaned back, still being in his arms. Always?

Hamesha! Arnav replied, dropping a chaste kiss on her forehead.

Then why don't you let me be there for you too? She questioned, lowering her eyes.

Khushi? Arnav frowned.

I want to be your strength, Arnav. Just like you are mine. This time, Khushi cupped his face.

I want to be there with you when you meet her. Arnav lowered his eyes, he didn't need rocket science to know whom she was talking about.

But I don't want you to face her again Khushi. Already she did so much damage to you and I can't let - his voice broke.

Arnav. Khushi wiped the lone tear that dropped down his cheek.

Okay. I won't come. Khushi hugged him close to her heart, standing on her tiptoes.

But remember that I will always be there for you. No matter what. She whispered as Arnav hid his face in the crook of her neck.

FLASHBACK ENDS

.

You don't even know what this means to me, Khushi. He whispered as Khushi removed her hand from his lips.

But- he frowned, I told you not to come here, Khushi. Why didn't you listen to me? He raised his brow.

I did listen to you, Arnav. She whispered looking in his eyes. I had no intention to come here. But when you left, all I could think about was that when I will visit Guptas, I would want you beside me, to give me strength. And I know that even if I will stop you coming with me, you will never let me face them on my own.

So how can I leave you here all alone? She caressed his cheek, making Arnav lean on her touch.

You are especially made for me, Khushi. You know that, right? Only for me. He whispered again as he dropped a lingering kiss on her forehead, pouring all his love.

Khushi smiled at his words and gesture.

Arnav took her hands in his, and went to Anjali's room again.

Together. Arnav looked at her.
Always. Khushi looked at him.

Arnav pushed the door open.

.

.

.

KD Pathak was busy studying the file that Ayan Singhania gave him 20 minutes ago. NK, Aman and Ayan were looking expectantly at the lawyer in front of them, occasionally sharing nervous eye locks.

Taking a long sigh, KD Pathak closed the last file and leaned back on his chair. So, I have read the file, and I must say that you did more than half of my work, Mr. Singhania. He nodded at Ayan.

I will file a case against Ms. Garima Gupta for murdering your wife, hiding the identity of your daughter from you and attempting to murder your whole family.

If she denies the charges and appoints a lawyer, the case will go into trials and I will represent you. But if she confesses her crimes, she will be charged immediately and the case will be closed in some days. KD explained the situation.

Ayan nodded his head in understanding and looked at NK and Aman. So now it depends on Garima for the pace of this case?!

The lawyer nodded his head. We will start working on the case from today only. Let's hope that the criminal gets her punishment.

She has destroyed many lives. She will definitely get her punishment. Ayan said in a low voice, his eyes getting teary.

NK squeezed his hand while Aman placed his hand on his shoulder. KD sighed and again opened the file, scribbling some words on the notepad.

The room was in complete silence with only the ruffling of papers and scratching of pen on paper.

.

.

.

To be continued...