삼십 이: protecting your smile

I just want to protect you, I want to protect the days where your face gleamed under the sunlight, your smile full of emotion of the things you wanted to tell me.

I just want to protect you, my heart shaken by sadness, of the fact that I can never be with you.

_______________________________________

<AERI'S POV>

It's been two days since that night.

I looked around the house, the house which the owner haven't returned. The things were clattered, unwashed dishes sitting in the sink. I couldn't bring myself to do anything, I couldn't even eat or sleep.

I didn't want to. The dining table is so empty...the bed is larger than usual.

My eyes were cloudy and emotionless. It had been that way in order to protect myself from recalling the painful thoughts of what happened.

I should brush my teeth....

I stood up slowly, my body a little unsteady from the weakness that took over. I felt giddy as I've lied on the floor all day, thinking about flashbacks of us.

When I picked up my toothbrush, I noticed the blue one sitting next to it, which belonged to Yoongi's.

I felt my tears flow uncontrollably from my swollen eyes, and I leaned over the sink. I grabbed the edges to balance myself, as the feeling had left my knees.

"you said you loved me, but what use is it?..." my heart broken words echoed in the bathroom, mingled with the crying.

I cried, leaning over the sink for 15 minutes. My mind remembered him, when I refused to. My thoughts were filled with him, when I didn't want it to. My heart was shattering.

"Aeri, nothing will come out of crying." I stared at my disoriented self in the mirror. "you are stronger than this..."

A flicker of hope sparked in my heart as I comforted myself, trying to stand upright again. If I let it be the end, it will really be the end.

I won't give up.

______________________________________

"Hello, how may I help?" the lady smiles sweetly as I went to the counter.

I bowed slightly, forcing a smile.

"I'm looking for this person called Han....Han Jaewon."

"Certaintly. You have an appointment with him?" She picks up the phone at the receptionist counter.

"I....um..." I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Shin Aeri....there's no need."