(5)Powdered Numb

*Song- Zack Hemsey, The way

'When your reputation hold opinions before you had the chance to form them

'When your reputation hold opinions before you had the chance to form them...'

Powdered Numb

"Are you ready for tomorrow?"

Thanatos shrugged as he flicked through Apalole's tome. It was thick and heavy; the smell reminding me of an old dusty storage room.

His hair was wet after his long shower; I ran my fingers through it. The homework professor Lorne had ordered lay limply on my lap; completely forgotten. It was hard to concentrate on anything but him- especially when he looked like this.

Bathed in firelight, an old book in his large hand and his feet resting on the small couch in front of him. He looked too good to be true.

"Thanatos..." I tried again as I ran my fingers down his bare chest, the muscle hard and defined.

He sighed softly; "I don't want to talk about it, Aurora."

I rolled my eyes and pulled my hand back and crossed my arms over my chest. He really was so pig-headed sometimes...

"Fine." I leaned back and turned slightly away from him, Lorne's homework in my hand. I felt Thanatos close the old book and turn to me, his hands pulling me in to his warm chest.

Seductively he whispered; "Don't turn your back on me..."

"Don't shut me out." My voice was dry and sarcastic. He paused his movement and I could feel the muscles in his forearms tense up. I pretended not to notice as my eyes scanned the white pages on my lap.

"Aurora..."

I turned around to give him a pointed look. He pursed his lips. "What?" He sighed in exasperation and leaned back into the couch's armrest, his bored eyes fixed on mine. I turned back to him and tucked my feet under my legs; "Are you okay?"

Thanatos looked down and ran a hand through his dark, wet hair, it curled slightly at the ends; "I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"Don't play dumb with me." I glared at him, but softened my gaze and my voice; "You're seeing your mother tomorrow after- I can't imagine how many years."