(40)Twilight Diamond

*Song, Duduk of the North, Hans Zimmer

Unbelievably beautiful!

Twilight Diamond

"Have you heard anything from them?" Apollo asked, flicking a hard down on the top of the pile

"Have you heard anything from them?" Apollo asked, flicking a hard down on the top of the pile. I shot my eyes up from the cards in my hand.

"My brother does not want to be bothered while away."

Apollo lifted a light eyebrow in response, not saying a word. We still weren't on the best of terms, considering that for hundreds of years he and my twin had been in each other's hair almost every day.

But I tend to forget before then they had been very close and best of friends. I suppose some people can be cured, but in Apollo's case, who knows.

"I guess that's a no?" Poseidon snickered beside me. I itched to kick his chair back, but he shot me that typical goofy grin and I pulled back my foot.

"You think they're having fun?" The god of the ocean asked, eyeing his cards before deciding on the perfect one to play. I grumbled as he played the exact one I'd hoped he wouldn't.

Apollo scoffed; "Fun? If I know Thanatos, he's probably already hypnotised the entire island to do his bidding for him."

I didn't like the way he automatically assumed that he still knew how my brother thought. Was I territorial when it came to Thanatos? Of course. He was the one person I loved without any fault. We grew up, side-by-side, knowing only the support from a twin and how potent it was.

Apollo had no right to place himself in that category. I ignored it, but shot him a look of annoyance. He didn't seem too fazed.

I remember when I was younger, Apollo had become Thanatos close friend due to the magic lessons he had been instructed to provide the young prince. I was jealous at first- not wanting my brothers friendship anywhere but with me, but I soon found a close friend in Poseidon.

Now, I won't deny Thanatos wasn't pissed. If you think I'm territorial, you clearly haven't met my brother. But luckily, Poseidon found us both fairly entertaining, and that's how we became- we were a sort of package deal. You're friends with the one; you get the other one too. Whether you liked it or not.