(25)Casa Blanca

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

'We had each other, no amount of distance could change that

'We had each other, no amount of distance could change that...'

Casa Blanca

We were lying together in bed, my back pressed against his, my head tucked over his arm and our feet tangled together under the light, grey sheet

We were both looking out from the large window to the side of the bed, the horizon black and filling the room with darkness. The breeze was cool, and the only noise from our light breathing. His chest moved against mine with a steady rhythm.

Thanatos nestled the side of his face onto my cheek, his beard pricking my skin. I snuggled deeper into his embrace.

"It's so peaceful." He said with a soft, whispering voice.

I smiled; "Hmm..."

Today was the day I moved to mount Olympus for a while, until my ascension, and it was time for Thanatos to head out on a long hunt for Sybaris.

If anything, today was going to awful. Just plain awful.

The air was quiet; no birds chirping no howl of the wind and no movement.

Just us. Like we were the only two people in the world...

"I'm going to miss this." It was the softest whisper, but Thanatos heard everything.

"I don't know if I've told you this before, but..." He pulled me closer, tightening his arms around my body and pressing his lips to my ear. "This is my favourite time of the day."

"Dawn?"

He nodded and I could feel the smile on his lips as he pecked at my ear; "Or in Latin- Aurora..."

I chuckled softly; "Clever man..." I turned around to face him, the need to see his smouldering eyes too great to disregard.

He grinned; "I try."

I traced a finger down his nose, enjoying the feel of his skin. Thanatos closed his eyes as my finger trailed a path all around his tanned face. From his plump lips and his hard jaw, to his dark, thick eyebrows and finally, his eyes.