(43)Her White Tundra

So Alexus fell in love with Aurora; betcha didn't see that one coming? 

Funny enough, the build up has been there since book one and I think only one reader noticed it. If you look back at Alexus' reactions to Aurora and her growing relationship with Thanatos, you'll notice a great deal of jealousy. Even with Aurora's friends, Alexus was jealous of their closeness. 

Alexus may have slept with Thanatos, but as she explained in her apology to Aurora, it was an act of vengeance more than lust. She wanted to hurt Thanatos and keep Hypnos away and the best way to do that was by breaking up the twins. She hates Thanatos and that's always been true. Now you know why she hates him so much more lately than before. 

Alexus, of course, didn't prepare for the fact that she might fall in love with her rival for Hecate's position. Did Alexus change her end game when she realized she loved Aurora? 

Let's find out...

'The blaring ring of disillusionment

'The blaring ring of disillusionment...'  

Her White Tundra

"I want you!"

Alexus' lips smacked against mine.

Glass broke at the back of my mind and an avalanche of deep and sad realisation swept over me. The snow kept falling as I stared ahead, not entirely sure as how to react from here on out. My anger was still fiery hot and my loathing for her shocking, but finally I understood her.

Like the last piece of the puzzle had fallen from the sky, just as white and innocent as the snow.

But it was innocent- this wasn't innocent. Alexus was far from blameless, nor is she a child who can't choose her own path. She knew exactly what she was getting herself into- overthrowing any king in any way was going to reap consequences.

Little did she realise by going after what she thought she wanted most, she lost what she knew she had to have.

Me.

I pushed her away, the feeling of her cold lips bringing nothing but disgust. A dear friend once, but now just another disappointment.

I saw it in her eyes too. The blaring ring of disillusionment.