Chapter 4 | There's Nothing Like Brothers

Dedicated to yet another Nano Cabinmate of mine, JBvento. If you haven't relized, this book is all about Camp Nano :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4

There’s Nothing Like Brothers

Logan

When your kitchen has an eight foot ceiling, it’s kind of hard to scrape ketchup off it. None the less, my brothers had all left me to clean it. I was still standing on the chair when Olivia sauntered into the kitchen with her long blonde hair swinging around her shoulders like she owned the place. 

        Okay, maybe she didn't walk in like that, but I wasn't a happy camper at the moment.

       “Hello Logan,” she said politely.

       “Can it,” I muttered back. “You’re the reason I’m up here.”

       “Actually, I think it was you and your brothers who made the ketchup explode.”

       I didn’t say anything because she did have a point. Her reaction made it all worth it though. I only wish I could have recorded the squeal she let out. It was just so perfect. 

        Not her, she was crazy, the prank had gone perfectly.

       “What are you doing anyway?” I asked and got down off the chair. I turned it around so I could sit on it, my legs on either side of the back rest.

       “I came to get some water,” she replied. Her face was hidden behind her long, blonde hair. “Do you need me to finish cleaning?”

       I glanced at the ceiling. “Nawh, I’m almost done. Besides, you probably couldn’t reach it.”

       “Well there has to be something I can do for you.” She met my glance for a brief second before opening up a cupboard and searching through it. She suffled througha few of them, reaching up on her tip toes to even see the contents.

       I sighed, getting up and walking to the place we kept the glasses and handing her one. She said a clear thank you.

       “So why do you expect me to need you for something?” I asked, reclaiming my chair.

       “Because that’s how men are,” she answered simply, turning on the tap.

       “That hurts right here,” I said as she turned around, pointing at my heart. “You make my heart bleed with your stereotyping of all men.”

       Instead of answering, she took a mouthful of water, clearly avoiding eye contact.

       “So why do you think all men are like that?” I couldn’t read the girl, as much as I tried. And maybe she wasn’t as crazy as I thought she’d be; she seemed somewhat nice. Although I did have to say I was insanely curious what had happened to her.

       “It’s not so much how men are, rather how it works.” Olivia drank some water before she continued. “I clean, cook, and do what you need. It’s how I was raised.”

       “Well you’re messed,” I said bluntly. She grimaced.

       “If I could so kindly be excused,” she replied, a polite smile on her face. I could see her jaw clenching though, she was pissed off. I also knew that if I asked her to stay, she would.

       “Do whatever you want.” I got back up onto the chair and kept washing the ceiling. I listened to her footsteps echo through the hallway as she walked away. Where she was going, I couldn’t care less.