Chapter 14 | No Sexual Tension Left

Chapter 14

No Sexual Tension Left

Logan

       Why did the universe feel like punishing me? Out of all the classes, biology or not, that Olivia could have had and she got placed in mine. Further than that, why the hell did she have to sit next to me and take everything good in my life?

       That may have been taking it a little far. I liked Olivia, I really did, but I was having a really bad day. Plus she was pissed at me, again.

       I didn’t want to see her at that particular moment, or even hear her name.

       “Olivia?” the teacher said. I grimaced. Really, did someone really need her at that moment? “Will you please take off your hat?”

       “Yes ma’am,” Olivia replied quietly, yet polite. Her voice was so soft.

       She pulled off the grey beanie she was wearing from her long blonde hair. It was wavy, almost curly, at the ends today which I’d never seen her do. I was captivated as she pulled the loose strands away from her eyes.

       I grit my teeth and looked away, inhaling sharply. Stop thinking about her.

       I noticed people were already starting to turn and whisper. Olivia was oblivious, hanging on every word the teacher said. No one ever sat next to me, not even my brother. This is exactly what I didn’t want.

       Attention.

       I hated it. My entire high school life was people looking, staring, talking, and lying about me. I had just finally gotten them to stop. Rosie was the source of all my attention. People wanted to know the guy that tamed the party girl. I was the one who stopped her weekend hook ups. For a time anyway.

       Then people stared because Rosie was murdered. For weeks she was missing, and then her body was found. The killer was never caught. I would never forget the accusations that were thrown at me.

       That all stopped when I beat the shit out of the hockey team’s captain for calling me a killer. Seriously, they believed I would hurt her.

       No one talked to me now. They just gossiped behind my back, which I much preferred.

       But Olivia was new. People were turning to look at her like a shiny new toy. It was sickening. They didn’t know what she went through. Hell, I didn’t even know what she went through.

       There was a prickling up my spine. Olivia looked a little put off. She was noticing people staring at her now too. I wanted to deck them all right then.

       “Are you going to tell me what’s wrong?” Olivia murmured. I probably looked murderous.

       “It still isn’t your business,” I snapped, while glaring at some grade ten student. He turned back to the board.

       Olivia didn’t try to talk to me again after that. She sat there quietly doing her work, furiously copying notes. She looked pleasantly happy to be there. The enthusiasm oozing out of her was too much to handle that early in the morning.

       I didn’t see her again until lunch. It was too soon.

       I was sitting at the usual table with Natasha, Devin and Raychel, Kyle, and a few others.

       “There’s Olivia,” Raychel noted, watching her walk through the crowed.

       I rolled my eyes.