Chapter 11 | Bananas Are Taking Over

There is a video to the side. Basically this (Terrible) song has been stuck in my head for so long, I decided to make some good use of it. It had a nice dance-y feel to me, so I looked one up on youtube. Kind of a visual for the dance in here.Talk Dirty - Jason Derulo (Is that even how you spell it?)

Chapter 11

Bananas Are Taking Over

Olivia

       I stayed up most of the night just staring at my hand. It had been so long since I let someone touch me. Longer still since it had felt so warm and comforting. I never knew how much I missed it, the feeling of closeness. I never knew how much I longed for it, it was like breathing. I was coming alive again, and I hadn’t even known I was gone.

       I didn’t see Logan for much of the trip after that night on the Ferris wheel. Natasha kept calling practices at all hours. When I was free, Jordan was usually gone, having taken the boys somewhere.

       Raychel and I were together all the time. We both missed the boys though. It wasn’t hard to see how frustrated she was for not seeing Devin. I learned they had been dating just shy of a year, but they had always been friends. They hadn’t been apart longer than a few days since they were kids.

       “So how’s Logan these days?” Raychel asked from the desk in the room. I was lying in my bed reading a book. “You were in his room pretty late last night.”

       “We were watching a movie,” I said, barely glancing up at her. “He fell asleep after ten minutes.”

       “What’s up with you guys anyway?” She whirled around on her spiny chair to face me. “Are you guys, like, dating now or something.”

       I couldn’t contain the laughter that erupted from me. “God no! I will never date anyone, let alone Logan. I just like spending time with him.”

       “Are you only saying that because of your history with men?” Raychel grimaced. I had confided days ago my past to her. She was really understanding towards my predicament, and I knew it made her sad.

       “Partly yes,” I replied, shrugging my tiny shoulders. “Dating just doesn’t seem appealing to me. Kissing and everything else that comes with it just isn’t worth it.”

       “In your experience, yes. You are completely right. But most people aren’t like that. The butterflies that you’d get, the giggles, all the happy moments, they are definitely worth it. Besides, what about when you want to have a kid?”

       I grimaced, repressing the sour memories. “It’s not going to happen for me.”

       A know on our door abolished our conversation. Raychel sighed and strode to the door.

       “Hey Kyle,” she said. Probably to Kyle. “What’s up?”

       “I need Olivia,” he replied. I glanced up to see him gazing at me from the arch of the door.

       “With what?” I asked, marking my page in my book once again. I walked to meet them at the door.

       “I’ve been going over the dances and I don’t think I’m quite getting yours. I think I focus too much on the other one.” He blushed and rubbed the back of his hair. He really was attractive when he did that.

       “We could run down to lobby and go over it a few times,” I suggested. “It’s late, nobody should be around.”

       “Perfect,” he smiled.