Chapter 21 | It's Beginning Again

Chapter 21

It Begins Again

Olivia

       There is a study that says a high percentage of rape victims are raped again later in life. I couldn’t help but wonder if it was the same for kidnap victims.

       And did it double my chances because I was a victim of both?

       Probably not. It was just a study anyway.

       I had long since stopped screaming. It only made my throat hurt. I tried my hardest not to cry out in pain either. He didn’t drive slowly and I kept hitting the floor with every pot hole. I was going to have bruises for sure.

       I had made my way into the corner of the truck after so long. It took me a while to figure out I didn’t fall as much that way. Or maybe it didn’t. The truck didn’t have windows so I couldn’t tell how much time had passed.

       It felt like days by the time we slowed down. I huddled into the darkness as I heard my kidnapper walk around outside.

       He opened the door, a stream of moonlight washing over the floor. I still couldn’t see his face.

       “I’ve missed you so much,” the man said.

       My blood froze.

       If it was possible I became even more terrified. The voice.

       It was His voice.

       “St-stay away from me,” I stammered, trying to back away where there was no room.

       “I know you’re scared honey,” He said, jumping into the van with me. “You’re away from them now. We’re back together.”

       I glanced past him to see we were surrounded with nothing but trees.

       No one would ever find me.

       And he was going to kill me for leaving him the first time.

       “I want to go back,” I told him angrily. There was nothing left to my life, he was going to end it. I might as well go down fighting.

       He frowned. “I know it’s been a year, but I haven’t changed. I’m been trying to get you back all this time.”                  

       “I’m not yours!” I screamed at him. “You’re sick and you need help.”

       “No I’m not,” he rebutted looking murderous.

       “I can help you if you let me,” I begged. “Just please, let me go.”

       He stared at me for a long moment before the corners of his lips turned up into his sick unruly smile. I knew what was going to happen next, and it wasn’t good for me.

       “I missed you too darling,” he said, even though I hadn’t said as much. “You don’t have to be so dramatic. All you have to do is ask.”

       “What, no!” I cried.

       He came closer to me. “Don’t play hard to get.”

       I forced myself not to cry.

       “Please don’t.”

       He ignored me. “Lay down.”