Chapter 16 | That's Moving a Little Fast

Chapter 16

That’s Moving a Little Fast

Logan

       I woke up in my own sheets for the first time in months. It was somehow better than I remembered. The sheets now smelled like Olivia. Therefore they smelled amazing.

       “Hey Liv-” Jason said, barging into the room. He stopped short when he saw my in the bed. “Where’s Olivia?”

       “She’s upstairs,” I replied stretching.

       “Upstairs? You finished the room?”

       “Yup, yesterday.” I sat up a little straighter.

       “Well it’s time for school,” he said, running a hand through his thinning blonde hair. He walked out of the room, but spun back on his heel. “By the way, I’m missing some rum and about fifteen cans of beer. You wouldn’t happen to know where they went, would you?”

       I paled. We drank fifteen cans of beer? No wonder I had spilled my demons to Olivia last night. Not that I was upset I had. I was actually very happy she knew the truth now.

       “No idea,” I lied.

       He nodded. “Okay, I’ll leave then. Tell Olivia to get up for me?”

       “Sure thing.”

       “Oh, and take a shower. You reek of stale alcohol.” He smirked as he left the house. I rolled my eyes. He seriously was the coolest dad.

       Although maybe I shouldn’t be drinking underage when both of my parent could arrest me.

       I threw off the covers and raced up the stairs. Olivia was peacefully sleeping in her bed, still curled into the little ball. I hated to wake her.

       I knelt beside her head, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, and lightly kissed her forehead.

       Her eyes fluttered, and she made a small squeak of surprise. She flew to the other side of her bed.

       “Logan!” she squealed. “You can’t do that to me!”

       “Sorry,” I laughed, not entirely sorry. “I couldn’t resist.”     

       She blushed. “Did last night really happen?”

       I nodded, a smile invading my face. Her long blonde hair was all over the place and I knew she was biting the inside of her cheek. It was a habit she had when she was nervous.

       “So, we actually kissed?”

       I nodded again, my smile growing bigger. She smiled back at me.

       “I don’t believe it,” she said, her cheeks still pink.

       “Want me to remind you?” I asked, blushing a little myself.

       She nodded her head a fraction of an inch, and I sat on the bed with her. I cupped her face lightly with my hand. I leaned in hesitantly before lightly pressing my lips against hers. I heard her inhale deeply. I wondered if her heart was racing as fast as mine was in that moment.

       “Who would have thought,” she muttered to herself. “I never dreamed I would be kissing Logan Butler in a million years.”

       I brushed her hair from her face. “I never dreamed I would be kissing the girl who punched me in the face minutes after meeting her.”