3

"Rachel, you're coming with me tonight get ready

"Rachel, you're coming with me tonight get ready." Davin, Rachel's step brother said while knocking on her bedroom door, making Rachel groan. She paused, closing her book gently before glancing at the door.

"Where? I have things to do, is it important? Plus it's late Davin, mom and dad won't let us leave the house"

She knew they would let him leave the house even if it was late at night due to his age. Davin was eighteen, the perfect age of self-discovering. She knew he was allowed to step out of the house at that moment- but she tried to find some excuses not to go wherever he wanted to take her.

"I already asked, they said yes. And we're going to a friend's party, his birthday more precisely." He cleared his voice, waiting for her answer.

Rachel stayed silent for a moment before speaking. "You know that I don't like parties Davin. I can't go. And please come in, don't stay behind the door." She quickly covered her legs with her deep blue skirt, that was pulled up a little bit.

At her words, he entered the room, already dressed in dark jeans and a white shirt. His green eyes impatient as he touched his perfectly styled brown hair. Something he does when he's upset. But why was he upset? Rachel asked herself.

"What do you mean you're not coming? Listen we're worrying about you. All you do is staying home and reading your stupid book. You're becoming more and more antisocial and it's creepy honestly!" He threw his hands in the air, clenching his jaw.

Three years ago they used to like the same things. They used to go to parties together and just spend some "good time" together. But since the day Rachel decided to give her life to Jesus everything changed. And he hated that.

"Please respect my Bible for it is God's word. And I'm so touched to know that you're worrying but you shouldn't because I'm perfectly fine. I have things to do. I'll be fine, God's protecting me."

She said before smiling warmly at him.

Davin couldn't help but let out a sigh, clearly exhausted with her answers, with her new way to speak. He was worrying because he felt like she wasn't happy, but the thing that he ignored is that since the day Rachel believed in Jesus, a peace so sweet came Into her soul. And since that day she is the happiest person ever.

"Are you really happy with your life Rachel?" He looked at her, his eyes filled with sadness and worry.

Standing up, Rachel walked to him, grabbing his hands. "Yes I am. Because nothing can satisfy my soul like Jesus. Not even parties, not anything. I'm fine and I'm happy because Jesus makes me happy."