30

Walking out of his car, he sighed before making his way to their mansion

Walking out of his car, he sighed before making his way to their mansion. He let his left hand slip inside his jeans pocket, searching for the right keys to unlock the door. When he found it, he nodded in satisfaction before opening the door silently.

It was already late and that's why he didn't want to make any noise, definitely not wanting to wake his father up even thought for the first time in his life, he felt like telling him about his day.

After dropping off Rachel to her house, he stayed there, outside for at least three hours, thinking.

He stayed there because it felt like he was closer to her somehow and that made him feel better.

He was thinking about everything. His decisions, university and most importantly her.

He was wondering what was happening inside her head while she was alone. Was she thinking about him the same way he was thinking about her?

After heavy hours of thinking, he decided to go back to the ocean, this time alone. He stayed there and prayed; and at his final amen, the only light was coming from the bright stars upon the dark sky.

Closing the door shut behind him, he was about to take another step to the stairs and to his room when two voices coming from their kitchen, speaking way too angrily and loudly to each other stopped him immediately.

Without even a second thought, he let himself listen to the conversation with curiosity.

"No! Don't you dare say all this was my fault because it wasn't!"

Gina shouted, her voice trembling. Elijah took a few steps closer.

"Gina, we both know that we both got ourselves into this...it is my fault but also yours, never forget that."

Mr Bornman spoke with authority. Compared to Gina, he was calm.

"Ow really! So it was my fault if you were cheating on your wife with me? So it was my fault if your wife was sterile? If she couldn't even give you what you desired the most? A son!?" She shouted louder this time.

Elijah froze.

Gina kept shouting words that pierced Elijah's heart like a sword.

"So it was my fault if when you and your wife made the decision of a surrogate mother, you thought directly of me?!"

She continued.

"So it was my fault if Ruth was so stupid to even realize that the woman who had her future son was no one else but your mistress? Paul, you are the only responsible here!"

This time, Mr. Bornman couldn't take her words in anymore, so he raised his voice too.

"Shut up! Shut up Gina!"