35

Rachel looked at him right in his blue eyes

          Rachel looked at him right in his blue eyes. The first thing that came into her mind was the fact that Elijah was definitely joking. So all she could do was laugh. Hard.

Elijah frowned.

"I'm serious Rachel, why are you laughing?" He laughed too but quietly, not to make anything weird.

Rachel started playing with her curls as she calmed herself down and met his sincere eyes again.

"You're serious?"

"Very serious."

Rachel gulped.

"Elijah, we're too young..." she started but Elijah stopped her as soon as she introduced the subject concerning their age.

"You know Rachel. All I know is that I want to spend the rest of my life by your side. Don't you want the same?"

He sounded somehow desperate. Rachel tilted her head to the side before sighing.

"Of course I do, you know that."

"Then our age won't stop us. Nothing will stop us as long as we love each other."

This time Elijah couldn't help but smile before adding after clearing his throat.

"We can get married, buy our own house wherever you want in the world..." He paused before laughing in happiness just at the thought of it.

"You can go to university and study whatever you want. And, and when you'll be done we can have our own family together. Teach our kids how to love the Lord, helping each other to get closer to God, inspiring each other everyday, praying every morning as soon as we wake up and every night before we sleep."

While he was speaking, Rachel was looking at him in awe. She was imagining everything he was telling her and somehow everything seemed to be so perfect.

"What about you? You're leaving in a week or something..." She pointed out sadly.

At her words, he smiled at her widely.

"I'm not leaving you again." He said with so much confidence in his voice.

Rachel frowned, "No, don't do this just for me Elijah. This is your destiny..."

Elijah shook his head no, "I remember one day you told me that one day I'll find my soulmate and in order to become one with her I'll have to marry her. Do you remember Rachel?"

Rachel nodded with a smile. It was the other night when they were in the car going to prom.

"I found you Rachel. And I want to be one with you. I want you to be my wife. That's all I want."

"But, your dad... "

"This is my life. We're talking about my happiness, my decisions. And I made my mind. I don't want to go to university just because my dad wants me to be exactly like him. I want to study something else, something I like. I don't want to spend the rest of my life behind a desk and a screen Rachel... I have other dreams."