16

On Monday Rachel and Elijah met in high school many times but they didn't talk to each other, not even once

          On Monday Rachel and Elijah met in high school many times but they didn't talk to each other, not even once. Elijah would glance at her many times, just to check on her and see what she was doing. But when it comes to Rachel, she wouldn't even glance at him, too scared to meet his eyes.

"Hey Rachel..."

As she put back her books inside her locker ready to walk back home, she heard a familiar voice and when she turned to look at her, her heartbeat accelerated. It was Shellah. She was there in front of her, dressed in basic clothes which surprised Rachel. She looked so casual.

"Hi."

She simply replied, not knowing what to say. She remembered their last discussion and how in ended and she sure wasn't in the mood for another rough conversation.

Taking a breath, she approached her and grabbed her hands in hers.

"Rachel I'm so sorry. I should've never talked to you like that because you didn't deserve it at all. I was so mad at myself and life that I made you a victim. You're too precious to me as a friend and I can't loose you... I love you." She said, her eyes locked on their hands, too afraid to meet Rachel's eyes.

Simply smiling, she felt happy to find her friend again. After the way she talked to her the last time and also the way she disrespected her beliefs, she was sure that she didn't want to have a deep friendship with her like before. She was sure to be distant because she knew that the word of God required a total separation between the darkness and the light. But still, she was of course, ready to forgive her.

"It's okay. You're forgiven. Now give me a hug." She said before taking her in a tight hug.

Hugging her back, Shellah whispered to her. "You're an angel Rachel, I don't deserve you."

"Oh shush!" She had her eyes closed while hugging her yet she felt it. His eyes were on her, watching her intently. And when she opened her eyes and met the blue of his, she saw confusion written inside them.

"We have so much things to talk about Rachel! I have big news and I'm sure you have some news too!" She let go of her before turning to Elijah who was looking at them then back at Rachel as she winked.

Rolling her eyes at her, she laughed. "The park?" She asked.

"The park." She replied as they both started walking out of the building, leaving Elijah behind them, still wondering what was going on.

-

"So tell me everything." Rachel said as she sat on the deep green bench, her orange juice she just bought in her hands.