8

It was Friday night

It was Friday night.

Elijah walked inside his house, a water bottle in his hand and his brown backpack on his back. Entering, he was surprised to see the lights were still on. Taking his phone out of his jeans pocket, he read the time.

23:43

"Why are you coming back home late? I'm sure that you've finished class more than five hours ago!"

He heard the unsupportable voice of his father as he met his deep blue eyes. He was sitting on the big expensive couch of their living room, a glass of wine in his hand, his tie loosened. He was back from work. Ignoring him, he walked to the fridge, grabbed another water bottle before going back to the living room.

"I'm talking to you!"  He shouted this time, loosing patience.

When he noticed the blood on the corner of his son's mouth, he couldn't help but worry about what he has been doing. Fighting probably. And he couldn't bear the idea of his one and only son, the future CEO of the Bornman's Company, getting in stupid fights. He deserved a better reputation.

"And what happened to your face!?"

Glaring at him for the way he was raising his voice at him, he clenched his fists as he walked closer to him, his anger still alive.

"You always come back home late and I never ask you why! Have you ever wondered why? Because I simply don't care about what you're doing with your life! So please, DAD, it would be very nice if you could do the same for me too." He said through gritted teeth before walking up the stairs.

"Elijah don't talk to me like that! I'm your father!" He shouted back at him, standing up to follow him up the stairs.

Elijah opened the door of his bedroom before entering and locking it as he heard the loud footsteps of his father.

"Open the door!" His father shouted, knocking way too hard.

"Leave me alone!"

He threw his backpack on the floor, walking to his bedroom that was so big yet empty. He never took the time to decorate his room and mark it with elements that could give visitors a glimpse of his personality. Maybe because he never wanted to invite people in his house, never. Even his close friends who were always begging him to invite them to his mansion.

"Elijah, please."

His father whispered.

"What do you want dad! Do you know what leave me alone means?"