21

"You're more than welcome

"You're more than welcome." She replied, her eyes still shining in happiness.

Elijah let go of her hands and opened the Bible as he quickly traveled through the thin pages. He told himself that he was finally going to read the book that everyone talks about and he also told himself that maybe, maybe he'll find something that'll make his pain disappear, something that could give him the happiness he always sees on Rachel's beautiful face.

"I know how big it looks, but trust me when you start reading the pages won't matter anymore as long as the words inside are feeding your hungry soul."

She added as she observed Elijah, who was still lost in the pages of his Bible.

"Plus..." she said again this time standing up to walk to his bathroom but stayed in front of the door.

Elijah raised his head up to look at her who had a smile on her face, he wondered what she wanted to tell him this time, getting a little bit excited just by looking at her smile.

"Plus what?" He asked, wanting to know more than anything what she had to say.

"It'll be good to have two Bibles for this summer since we'll be reading together!" She finally said, clapping her hands excitedly.

Elijah's face lit up. His smile widened.

"That means that..."

"Yes! We're going to spend the summer together!" She run to the bed again and sat back down as she looked at Elijah's happy face.

A sight she realized she loved so much. Seeing him so happy. Making him happy.

"What about the other guy who wanted to spend the summer with you and your family?" He asked, remembering the cause of their little fight.

"Jack is coming in three days, but he'll spend most of his time with Davin. When it comes to me, I want to spend my summer with my best friend." She said, smiling at him.

"And who's your best friend?" He asked as if he didn't know who she was talking about, simply wanting to hear the words coming out of her mouth.

"YOU, of course duh?!"

Elijah laughed at her expression.

He was so happy to hear that.  He thought Rachel wouldn't choose him over Jack because she seemed to be so excited to see him and of course enjoyed his company, a lot. But hearing Rachel telling him that she wanted to spend the summer with him, made him realize that Rachel, also enjoyed his company. Rachel cared. She liked spending time with him. And that made him so happy.

"You know what?" He asked, still looking at her face.

"What?" Rachel asked again, her hands on her thighs.

"You're my best friend too."

He said making Rachel smile for once again before adding.

"And, I love you."