9

Tilting her head  to the side, she observed him

        Tilting her head  to the side, she observed him. His beautiful blue eyes looked broken and tired. He had fresh scars on his face, making her feel bad for the pain he may was feeling. She hated seeing the ones she loved suffering. When she saw the blood on Davin's fists that morning, her heart was about to explode. She couldn't bear the idea of her brother getting hurt to the point of bleeding. And now, seeing Elijah with so many cuts, small and deep cuts, she felt the same way.

That's when she realized that she cared.

"Elijah you're so confusing... thirty minutes ago you was so rude to me... and now you're saying that you want to talk to me because you realized that  I'm the only one you want to talk to right now."

She said,standing there in front of the door, her expression serious. Nodding at her, he sighed.

"I know and I'm so sorry for being so confusing. But trust me, sometimes I don't even understand myself."

Sighing too, she closed her eyes for a few minutes before opening them again to meet him starring at her with curiosity. He wanted to know what was happening inside her head. Was she tired of him already like everyone else?

"Can I come in?" He asked realizing he was still standing randomly outside.

Rachel looked at him not even listening to what he was telling her anymore. She was thinking about how this boy standing in front of her was confusing her to the point of making her loose her mind sometimes. And their relationship was still so new which means that there were going to be so many more.

"... I'll just leave." He said before turning to walk away when he didn't receive an answer, suddenly feeling uncomfortable and embarrassed. Maybe she didn't want him to go inside her house and he was just forcing her.

"No, Elijah wait." She said stopping him from leaving her. "I would love to
Invite you to come in but I can't... Davin is here... he's still sleeping but I'm sure that he'll wake up soon and I don't want him to be mad at me, you know..." she tried to make him understand.

Smiling, he felt relieved to know that if she didn't let him come in it was more because of her brother who hated him than her own desire. She didn't want to cause any troubles anyway. And he sure didn't want to see Davin. Not after what happened between them last night.

"Alright. See you on Monday then." He smiled at her coldly, trying to not show how hurt he was because he couldn't talk to someone about what he had in his heart.

"No! Wait for me, I know where we can go and talk in peace. You know, since you wanted to talk... let me just get my phone and purse, I'll be right back." She said quickly, surprising Elijah and giving him hope again.