31

When Gina opened her eyes and found herself on the comfortable couch with Mr

When Gina opened her eyes and found herself on the comfortable couch with Mr. Bornman holding her hand in his with his other hand placed on his cheek, she couldn't help but flinch away from his touch, making him realize that she was already awake.

She quickly sat back up properly, as she  rubbed her eyes harshly.

"Where is he?!" She screamed as she broke down again.

She tried to search for her shoes and her car keys but Mr. Bornman stopped her, begging her to lay back down and calm herself. He convinced her that worrying won't make things easier.

"Paul, we have to call the police... We just can't let him..."

She couldn't let herself finish her sentence- she remembered the look on Ruth's face as she run out of the house and to her death, and that was the exactly same look that took place on Elijah's face when he walked inside the kitchen.

"Shh, he won't do anything stupid, I promise." He whispered to her before sighing, "I used your phone to call this girl, Rachel." He paused when he met the frown on Gina's face.

"I told her everything. And I know that she'll save him, I don't know how but I'm convinced that she will bring him back to us." He added.

Gina nodded, she tried to tell herself that Paul was right. Elijah would never think of hurting himself like Ruth. Elijah was strong enough to not let go; at least that's what Gina hoped.

"Do you know where he went?" She asked again as she grabbed the water bottle that stood on the small wooden table next to her.

"No, of course not. I never got the chance to know him better, to know what he liked doing and where he liked going." He answered honestly.

"Of course, how stupid of me to ask!"

She muttered thinking Paul wouldn't hear her but he did.

He was calm, true. But inside of him, he was broken. He was so scared to loose his son too after his wife.

Even if he never truly put effort into showing it, he loved Elijah more than anything. Elijah was a part of him, how could he not love him? He cared for him more than anything else and all he always wanted for him was to give him the life that he thought could make him happy.

And that, by buying him expensive cars and everything he needed that money could offer. But he never realized that, money wasn't enough to make Elijah happy. It wasn't even close to happiness for money is just paper. Paper that humans trust so much that they made it somehow a god.

But when it comes to Elijah, money wasn't close to giving him the happiness he was seeking.

Money couldn't be compared to that feeling he gets when he sings hymns of faith in church and praises God.

Money couldn't be compared to that feeling he gets when he prays with this strong faith inside him, assuring him that his prayer isn't a monologue but a conversation with the most High.