23

♡

Rachel looked at him as if he was crazy. She stood up too and started walking next to him and towards his car.

"What? You told me you're going with your girlfriend already!" She pointed out his own words from earlier.

"Yes I know what I said. She's going to come too."

Unlocking his car, they both got in. Putting on their seatbelt, Elijah started driving.

She felt a little bit hurt at his words. How could he invite two girls at the same time to prom? She wondered. To her it wasn't how she imagined her prom night to be. And yes, like any other girl, she was impatient for that day to come even though she didn't know with who she was going to go. At first she thought she would probably go with Shellah but now that she was back with her boyfriend, it was impossible.

But who said she had to go with anyone anyways? But after that night, she didn't want to go anymore.

"I can't come." She finally said, her expression serious.

Elijah, without looking at her asked.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't have anything to wear and I just don't feel like going."

It was true that she didn't buy her dress yet, but that wasn't the only reason.

"That's not a problem. I'll tell Gina to go shopping with you and get you the most beautiful dress." He said with a warm smile.

Rachel rolled her eyes.

"No, I already told you, I don't want you to spend money on me."

"What if it's something I want?" He asked as he turned to give her a quick look.

"I don't know Elijah. I just don't feel good with this idea..." She started playing with her fingers, all she wanted was to get away from this conversation.

"Tell me what's bothering you."

She knew what was bothering her but she didn't feel like telling him because she was scared of his reaction. A few minutes passed and when Elijah didn't receive an answer, he understood what she had in mind.